Jersey Honkers!!!!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
Man I tell you the last thing I felt like doing this morning was crawling out of bed at 3 AM to drive down south in a nasty, foggy, cold, rain...
A belly full of prime rib from Christmas dinner had me groggy and lazy but being the true sportsmen that I am I mustered enough gumption to make the trip.

IT WAS DAMNED WORTH IT

We knocked the snot out of them early and I even got a double. I love that Bennelli [up]:D
The fields were super muddy and the ground was pretty darn cold to be laying on but when they cup their wings at 20 yds. and you pop out of the eliminator blind it's all worth it. Did I mention I love that Bennelli!!!

DSC01827Medium.jpg

DSC01832Medium.jpg

DSC01837Medium.jpg

DSC01833Medium.jpg

Way to GO! You know...I've NEVER been goose hunting! I used to duck hunt all the time but never geese.. Looks like ya'll cleaned up!

On a side note...I went whitetail/bear hunting outside of Mistatum, SK and all around the the fields were literally covered UP with geese! Looked like blackbirds! There were all over the place up there! A dream hunt for someone like yourself!

Man oh Man!! Feather bag #4 looks like you could read the paper thru it!!!You guys must of had em right on you, aint it a blast.

peteo said:
Man oh Man!! Feather bag #4 looks like you could read the paper thru it!!!You guys must of had em right on you, aint it a blast.

We sure did and that bird was the first on a nice double :D He took a 3.5" Load of T's right in the chest!!

Chuck it's a real fun hunt and a much needed break of all those solitary hours on the deer stand. The Bennelli Super Black Eagle II in Mossy Oak Shadow Grass is a waterfowlers dream come true. I could easily get addicted to goose and duck hunting! Here's a few pics from a hunt we had on Long Island a few weeks ago... If you ever get a hankering to shoot some sea ducks come on up north here and give a holler but be sure to bring a CASE of steel BB's with ya'!!!

DSC01767Medium.jpg

DSC01774Medium.jpg

DSC01777Medium.jpg

It's hard to beat good duck/goose hunting. Nice stormy kromer hat
Redclub

Looks like it's time to create 'Bird Hunting' section here.
Anyone shooting birds with ML? :lol:

Jim I was looking at the pic of your seaduck hunt and it reminded me of a hunt when I was a kid. We shot one of those Old Squaw drakes. Probably not odd from where your from but quit strange for the southern third of Illinios on the Mississippi River. I think he was a little out of his flyway. Talk about having to get the book out to ID a bird, man that was different. Wish I would have had that one stuffed. It would be a good conversation piece, and it was a pretty duck with the long spike tail. Let em work :wink:

Don

Thanks Don! Yeah I would say that Old Squaw Drake must have gotten pushed by one heck of a gust of wind. Thay are some pretty fast flying ducks... If you are ever interested in gunning for them give me a holler and put you on so many of them your arm will be sore from shootin'!!!!

Back