Just bought Knight LK 93

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up. That LK stock has no recoil pad. Its hard and molded into the stock. The good news is any round receiver Knight stock will fit the LK.

Thanks ruger, I have a Knight Elite I bought at the same auction about 2 years ago. Excellent condition with scope and mounts out the door for 149.00. Serial on the Elite 000019. There was an Elite with scope in this auction that went for the same 150.00 out the door in last nights auction. I thought about buying both. I hope someone else here picked up a gun. Some good buys.

You did very well on that knight. The LH flinter I was interested in went for way more than I was willing to pay.

I got it home about 1 1/2 hours ago (10:30 EDT) and stripped it down. It all came apart nicely. I did a little Lee Shaver to the barrel and it shines like the sun inside. There were a couple of light rust marks on the outside barrel which easily rubbed off. The Plug was dirty inside but no rust or anything close to damage to the threads. The trigger is very light. All in all I would say just like or very near new in box. Im delighted. I do see there is no recoil pad but when I shoot at deer I never hear the gun or feel the recoil. Adrenaline???

I did not know this gun had such a short barrel. It is very light and I have visions of using it as a deer drive gun come December. It has sling mounts. Now for a scope and mounts.

Im thinking 70-80 grains of Swiss, a wad, and 420 grain no excuses??????

OK. I got the scope mounts and put a 4X Tasco Pronghorn on it. I can hear some of you cringe. LOL. I have time before season. I may pick up another scope.

Anyway I deviated from my original plan and though I would keep the bullet light. So I opted for a PR bullet dead center. The 200 grain version. I put 100 grains by volume of T7 and a CCI #11 and shot the first shot. High and left of the box @60 yards. Made an adjustment and hit the top left hole. Made another and hit just high of the 11T. (my bullseye) The next one 1.10 high of the last. The recoil was very manageable and this should kill any deer I shoot at. Yeah I may be 1/4 inch right but that I can live with. Also I was shooting off my truck mirror.

I used a BC of .25 and velocity of 1800. Should give me flat shooting to 140 yards. Im good.

IMG_2456.JPG

Back