Just how many shots ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
I was thinking about the ad I saw for pioneer powder where they claimed something like 5 billion shots with this powder out of a muzzleloader without cleaning it. I thought that was a little ridiculous and me and some of the bozos I work with at the circus were talking about it too. I was wondering just how many shots a guy could shoot out of a savage with a reasonable hunting load with smokeless and still maintain some sort of decent hunting level accuracy with out cleaning it. I really have no idea as I have always been very fastidous about cleaning my weapons, Once a Marine and all that stuff I guess. Anybody got a clue here?
BTW just in case anyone wants to know I have not recently saved one darn dime switching to Geico nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. I have had a tough time explaining to my wife many other types of strange behavior though, like why I spend so much time on the phone talking to internet buddies about weird and sundry subjects not liable to have any real impact on the course of history or the development of society in 3rd world nations. Of course it might seem to the casual observer that I am just bored and typing whatever comes into my head. That would be a very astute observation if I was a totally sane individual, but really you may consider this could be a subtle subterfuge meant to confuse my enemies as I continue in my diabolical plan to rule the world via an internet muzzleloading board. The German blood in my veins runs strong and it has been a historical fact that in the last century there was always at least one nutty kraut seeking world conquest. I feel it is my duty to uphold the sacred trust of my heritage. Which of course brings us to another of one of lifes little mysterys, which is Why is McDonalds the number one hamburger chain and Burger Chef no longer in business? Anybody with any taste knows that the Burger Chef hamburger was much better the McDonalds. I think there must have been an international conspiracy at work. My gosh any knucklehead knows that Burger Chef went under during the height of the cold war. I bet them nasty KGB agents who were stationed here in the states darn well knew they would lose the war and so satisfied themselves with just being a royal pain in the butt by bringing about the untimely demise of Burger Chef. I hate them blasted commies ! :lol:

The ole breechplug would be the demon. I'd say for me about 25 shots. Yours and others mileage may vary though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love when someone else's mind goes off chasing rabbits. :roll:

About 120 shots for me before beeachplug had to be cleaned.

What a Burger Chef?? :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts

Back