KID IN A CANDY STORE FEELING

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK1

Reaction score
I've got that feeling again! I just ordered 2 barrels & a forearm for my Apex from Carlos. I bought the .243 & the 7-08. Can't wait to get them scoped & out to the range! I've already got a box of Barnes Vortex .243/80grain.....hopefully they will be accurate. Should be a dandy hunting load for Whitetails!! Gonna try the same bullet in the 7-08 too. Already buying bullets & I don't even have the barrels :lol!:

Awesome!! I love the 243 its very light recoil and a blast to shoot!

The 7mm08 i hear is almost like a 270

I am gonna find out about the 7-08. I've been told it's actually close to my .260, which is nothing! The 243's are a blast to shoot & you can almost afford the ammo for them, LOL. The 2 reasons that I bought the .243 are ammo availability & no recoil :)

I just put a Savage Weather Warrior in .243 on layaway this morning.

Vera niiiice. :)

Congrats on your new toys.

Thanks.....I haven't been this excited about something in a long time!

Congrats to you too. Hope it's a real shooter for you!!

Yeah, I've wanted something in this caliber for a while. Gonna be putting a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 on it and hope I can work out a good 300-yard grouping.

Know the feeling Greg ...waiting for some 577/450 and 577 Snider cases that i ordered

Spitfire said:
Know the feeling Greg ...waiting for some 577/450 and 577 Snider cases that i ordered
This is the part that I hate the most! W A I T I N G!!!!!!

You'll love the .243, I just got my 22-250 scoped for the Apex, now it's the barrel breaking in prosses, that's a 2-2 1/2 prosses but well worth the time.

Barrels came today! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CARLOS IS THE MAN!!!

Latest posts

Back