Knight 32 cal ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek42

Reaction score
Good Morning. I am looking for guidance and input from all.
I would like to build one of the holy grail Knight 32 cal inline's.
I am not sure why someone is not building one of these. Yes it might be pricey, but I think there's a market
I am sure there is enough of a market, for a small shop builder to make some money.
I know there was only about 250 of these made,
I was once offered one from a guy that had one he was testing,
I have always regretted that.
davek42

MK-85-54cal
MK-85 50 cal
Encore 45 cal
MGM 36 cal
firehawk 32 cal

Last edited:
Are you thinking of the Green Mountain 32cal based off the Knight Disc platform?

I dont know anything about a knight .32. But im interested and will definitely follow a build thread. I have a couple knight discs and love 'em. I heard those small calibers can be harsh on breech plugs.

The Holy Grail would be the GMB Limited Edition Squirrel rifle. It was based on the Extreme action but had a tapered octagon barrel. Good luck finding one. They are now highly prized and hard to find for sale.

Full article by TB MLrifle3

Vn3HZ2H.jpg

7726072_orig.jpg

I have done one. ended up around ~11 pounds I think. If you want a squirrel gun, you have to start the design by shedding weight anywhere you can.
I have a few custom off path muzzleloaders, and have learned some on what will and wont work. Your going to want to shorten, and lighten the stock and barrel about all you can for a squirreler.

Ive got a .32 Custom Omega .32 built by Bestill here on the forum, dont see how you could get one anymore accurate then the one he built me. Forgot it has a Rice barrel also I believe.
I shoot 25-30 gr BH209 and patched round ball and it will shoot a .50 3 shot group at 50 yds if I do my part.. at 30 yds its one ragged hole.
It weighs 8.5# with scope and carries very nice.

Last edited:
This topic comes up each year, and most on this board agree that it would be great if someone would begin to mass market. Unfortunately its just not gonna happen most likely, as most folks that are ML purchasers could care less about a squirrel rifle. A very small segment of the ML population are interested it seems, yet many on this board would love it.

A custom build - do it yourself ... you can save alot of money going with a plunger action. Several here have done it and they turn out nice. Bestill and others could build you an awesome custom off a knight or omega action, assuming you wanted to spend the money.

Several years ago, muzzleloaders.com (I believe) was on here regularly and trying to get a manufacturer to build one. I think it was Traditions they were talking with if I recall, maybe. ??
But again...no dice. Seems like a simple break open model would be fairly easy to build... but nobody is interested that I've heard of. I'd like to have one, but its not "custom" worthy to me personally.

Good luck!

When I handled one, it was the stock that stuck out to me as being petite. The GM54-120 has the same stock without the side plates cut out.
I made one close for my daughter a few years ago with a Rice barrel and color case hardened action with a LittleHorn stock.
I could not get it down to 6#.
36A7F217-E66B-4BDC-8FF9-EFA755AB6D7B.jpegB13D9175-8BAC-4E7B-8236-E22612183966.jpegC9A4ECFE-D74E-43FB-94F2-170A20A6AD25.jpeg

Last edited:
Good Morning. I am looking for guidance and input from all.
I would like to build one of the holy grail Knight 32 cal inline's.
I am not sure why someone is not building one of these. Yes it might be pricey, but I think there's a market
I am sure there is enough of a market, for a small shop builder to make some money.
I know there was only about 250 of these made,
I was once offered one from a guy that had one he was testing,
I have always regretted that.
davek42

MK-85-54cal
MK-85 50 cal
Encore 45 cal
MGM 36 cal
firehawk 32 cal
I bought one in new condition serial #69 pretty sweet rifle only shot round ball so far

Back