Knight/Barnes bullets and barrel floating results

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbargers

Reaction score
WOW i recently discovered the Knight Ultimate slam series PBT and oh man do they shoot. Three shots into a 1/2" at 100 with a volumetric 100gr charge of T7 FFg and a T7 primer. I also floated my omega TH and this was its maiden voyage since. I will definetly say that floating my omega was a definate plus. It made a difference in my overall group size but most of all it eliminated my fliers i was getting with pet load. I ran about 30 rounds thru it of various bullets 300 SW(my favorite load) 250 SW, 250 Knight PBT and the obvious winner was the Knight. Am I correct in that the Knight PBT and the Barnes spitfire TMZ is the same? Any good prices on these? Most i have found have been about 1$ a shot.

the barnes and knight are the same bullet. good luck finding a deal on them, this summer i found some "knights" with the old sabot, 30 pack for around $20. but those are all gone(i have searched high and low for that deal anyware else. your best bet is go to the classified section on here- lungbuster has a bunch for sale, still not cheap but as good as deal as you will probley find.

Be perpared for a price increase today of close to 25% on all ammo related stuff. I noticed that Midways price on the 260 gr Nosler incresaed today

oldwun said:
Be perpared for a price increase today of close to 25% on all ammo related stuff.
Where did you get this gem of information?

The informatio came from my sons suppliers. You will see when you next buy your ammo. I biught some 17 HMR last month for $9 and today the same thing in the same store is $14 and the price increase is not done for 08

that right there is exactly the reason why i dont own a .17 hmr ...

all ammo has gone up significantly last year, and is going up again this year. i think that copper and lead are getting very pricey :cry:

jbargers,
My results this year mimicked yours. I have the synthetic thumbhole Omega with ss barrel, and it didn't group very well until I floated it. Then presto, my first three shots with the Knight 245 grain ultimate slam were touching! Who would have thought that two layers of plastic pop bottle would work like that!
Knight and Barnes are the same bullets, Barnes supplies them to Knight. The best deal I saw was the 30 packs of Knight bullets from Cabelas for $16.99. These were with the yellow sabots that take a sledgehammer to load in an Omega. I laid in a stock of those and then called Knight and bought a bunch of the blue ezload sabots directly from them. I think Cabela's is out, so the best you can do is the 24 packs for around $20 from Midsouth or maybe others.

I floated My Omega using the plastic cutting boards from Wal Mart. Sabotlaoder started using this first I believe. I took a paper hole punch and cut some holes in the plastic and then cut them to fit in the recess where the lugs go. It won't take much strictlly trial and error. The cutting sheets are around $3. Good luck!!

I actually removed material from the stock. This is done very easily by taking some sandpaper and a slightly oversize socket. Just wrap the sandpaper around the socket, place it in the barrel channel and start sanding. I encourage you who try, go slowly and test fit very often. Their is no need to get in a hurry, as the result will be a very noticible gap between the barrel and stock. It is very easy to do. Just dont get in a hurry.

Back