Knight Customer Service (Not Impressed)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeRebel

Reaction score
I just filed a compliant with the BBB because of and issue I am having with them. Below is a copy of my compliant. Anybody else have an issue with Knight customer service?
P.S.
The bullets used were No Excuses

I sent a rifle back to Knight Rifles for repair in November of 2018. As of today 03/01/2019, no resolution or returned rifle.
I purchased a new Knight DISC Extreme rifle from directly from Knight Rifles in October of 2018. Shortly after purchasing the rifle I purchased a sizing pack of cast bullets to determine the correct bore size for future bullet purchase. All of the bullets from the sizing pack were tight at the muzzle but then fell the rest of the way down the barrel. This causes a problem because a muzzleloader bullet must have enough friction to remain seated on the powder charge or it will create a dangerous situation by having space between the bullet and powder charge. I contacted the bullet manufacturer first and he stated he had recently had the same issue reported with another Knight rifle with the barrel being out of spec ( the muzzle being tighter than the rest of the bore). I contacted Knight Rifles regarding the issue and was told the barrel may need replacement. I was instructed to send the rifle back which I did in November 2018. I received no communication from Knight after they received the rifle. After several weeks, I attempted to contact Knight Rifles by phone but got no answer other than automated responses. I left messages that were never returned on two occasions. I reached out the customer service representative by email and was told in December that the gunsmith had not been able to test the rifle yet. I then received an email requesting that I purchase more bullets and send them to be tested. I don't feel it should be my responsibility to purchase bullets for them to test the rifle. Also, the issue reported with the barrel should be able to be tested without specific bullets. I have since attempted contact with Knight by phone and email and could not get a response until today 03/01/2019 and I was told they still have no idea when the rifle will be repaired and the gunsmith is busy with "shows". I have been very dissatisfied with Knight Rifles customer service as it takes several calls and emails just to get a response. Also, no resolution in sight after more than three months.

Ive never heard of the current Knight or previous owners ever talking to a customer like that, Ive bought 4 guns from them in the last 1.5 yrs and have been given excellent service even when I called and changed a order just as they were getting ready to ship gun out..While they can be hard to get ahold of due to limited staff Ive always got a hold of them in 2-3 trys..
Hopefully you get your problem worked out.

I very much hate to read this. I do know they have been busy with gun shows. I have 10 different Knight rifles .None of my bores are choked at the muzzle .

Are the bullets slip fit conicals ?

These reports about knight service is going to come back to bite them. It would have been very easy, IMO, to switch barrels and send the rifle back to the you. Maybe I don’t see the big picture but repeat customers are just as important as new customers, maybe even more so. I have more muzzleloaders than I can use but I have specific rifles I want, one being a fast twist Knight, but I doubt I’ll buy a new one because of these complaints, I’ll buy used so hopefully the bugs are worked out.

Would be nice if Knight could come on here and tell their side of the story that way we could hear both view points.
Personally, I see no reason they could give that would ever justify having a rifle for 4 months, not even looking at it and giving no correspondence at all.

Seems Knight CS has Changed since It changed hands with New Owners. Sad But They "Should" have someone Doing Repairs and not All Good to Shows / Events. Complaints like this do more damage to them than trying to gain Customers... And I cannot see why they cannot get Any Rifle sent in repaired and back to the Owner. When It was the Original Knight Rifle Company I ordered a Thumbhole Stock for my Elite and they had to modify it to work for the Elite and they did in short order. But Appears things Changed as the "New" Knight Company lost what they Had their "Good" CS... Guess keeping Customers new or old is no longer in their company mission statement just, selling products is but they aren't the only Company today that does this. Sad when years ago it was Always about having "Good" CS today some just don't realize that!
LFM

Update,
I got a call from the gunsmith at Knight today. He was very professional and apologized for the poor communication and lost time. The gunsmith confirmed he had the same issue I found while testing the rifle and said he hoped to have the rifle repaired by next week. Giving the benefit of the doubt, I am sure they did not intend for this to happen. I am normally not the type to file complaints, but I did not feel I was getting any results otherwise. I know companies make mistakes and I was really looking forward to hunting with the rifle so I am hoping for a quick resolution. I will provide another update when I can.

Yes just today-

Update,
I got a call from the gunsmith at Knight today. He was very professional and apologized for the poor communication and lost time. The gunsmith confirmed he had the same issue I found while testing the rifle and said he hoped to have the rifle repaired by next week. Giving the benefit of the doubt, I am sure they did not intend for this to happen. I am normally not the type to file complaints, but I did not feel I was getting any results otherwise. I know companies make mistakes and I was really looking forward to hunting with the rifle so I am hoping for a quick resolution. I will provide another update when I can.

My rifle was returned to me Tuesday this week with a new barrel. Knight's gunsmith called me directly and explained he found the same issue I reported, replaced the barrel, and was now getting MOA performance. The issue has been taken care of to my satisfaction at this point. The length of time I'm sure was a matter of oversight in this instance.

May have taken longer than you would have liked but I think a new barrel is pretty good service. Hope it’s a shooter!

Latest posts

Back