TC (S&W) Customer Service in 2022

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I contacted TC by email from their website asking to purchase some T8 torx screws, the ones that connect the recoil lugs to the barrel. They quickly got back to me telling me my order number and that it was on it's way. Two days later I received a package. They sent the wrong screws, instead giving me the ones that connect the barrel to the stock. We traded a few more emails, I clarified exactly what I wanted and three days later I got the four torx screws I needed. All this is to say that despite the future of TC seemingly being up in the air - S&W has been looking to divest itself of TC for a couple of years now - I was pretty impressed TC's recent customer service . I was never charged for anything, they never asked if I was the original owner and they were pretty responsive by email. Just wanted to report my experience.

Now, none of this would have been an issue if they continued to weld the lugs to the barrel as they did in the older models. . .

Good deal. Had a situation like that with Leupold once. I contacted them through their website asking them a question about some base mount screws, just trying to clarify what I needed. They never even responded to me. A few days later I got the screws in the mail, no charge.

You had better luck than I did (and glad you did). Needed a piece for my G1 Contender. Don't support that piece any more. Informed me the company was in the process of being sold. I'm not happy.

You had better luck than I did (and glad you did). Needed a piece for my G1 Contender. Don't support that piece any more. Informed me the company was in the process of being sold. I'm not happy.
Yeah, it might have been a different situation if they did not have the parts in stock.

I am curious about the future of TC. S&W have been trying to unload it to someone, I presume anyone willing to buy it for an acceptable price, for around two years now, with no apparent success. TC is down to just a few platforms and it's doubtful it will come out with anything new until it's future is determined.

While I don't actually know anything, I had read awhile back when S&W first announced the end of TC that they were using the term "divest" because they weren't actually looking to sell it. Somewhere the powers that be decided it was better or easier to just let TC end. Again, I don't know that for sure but I also know I've read a few companies state they would at least consider purchasing it and requested meetings or info from S&W and never received anything. It would be nice if someone would buy TC and bring back the classics - Omega, Contender, Encore, maybe a traditional of some sort.

While I don't actually know anything, I had read awhile back when S&W first announced the end of TC that they were using the term "divest" because they weren't actually looking to sell it. Somewhere the powers that be decided it was better or easier to just let TC end. Again, I don't know that for sure but I also know I've read a few companies state they would at least consider purchasing it and requested meetings or info from S&W and never received anything. It would be nice if someone would buy TC and bring back the classics - Omega, Contender, Encore, maybe a traditional of some sort.
"Divest" is basically a fancy word for selling. It means "to get rid of," the most common method being selling.

I don't see any benefit to S&W to letting TC, as a subsidiary, to just end. Not if there is any potential for a sale. COVID may have effected the plans, I've no idea. Anyhow, it is certainly my hope that S&W finds someone willing to purchase TC at a reasonable price.

Glad to hear "someone" is still responding to inquiries...All that to say, I also hope a solution is found into the future!

I saw somewhere that SSK FIREARMS where building frames and barrels for the contender and build barrels for the encore.
They seem to be making a ton of TC related parts, barrels and accessories. Good company? Good quality?

Back