Knight ignition systems

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a question for all you Knight fans out there...I'm aware of the ignition systems that Knight offers and what I want to know is if there is anyone out there that offers a large rifle primer conversion for them? I'm a Blackhorn shooter and I'm not a fan of the 209 primer as an ignition source. I have the Arrowhead conversion for my CVA Prairie Rifle and the clear superiority of that system over the 209 system is what prompts this question. I looked on the Arrowhead site and saw nothing mentioning Knight rifles. Thx in advance for all replies.

Last edited:
Interesting thought as 209 have been used to shoot perfect scores at Friendship.
Jeff can certainly assist in your endeavor.

Interesting thought as 209 have been used to shoot perfect scores at Friendship.
Jeff can certainly assist in your endeavor.
I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here...it's just that the large rifle primer provides a hotter flame than the 209 without the pressure the 209 creates. In my Prairie Rifle and my Paramount the difference the LRP made in terms of the degree of combustion was amazing. I'm entertaining the idea of buying a Knight down the road and I'm just researching my options.

Here is thread discussing Bestill' two piece breech plug for a Knight Ultra-Lite. This breech plug does not use rifle primer. It is set up to burn CCI, and Federal shotgun primers with zero blow by. It works good; is kinda like perfect. It is probable the flash hole will not wear out in my lifetime; an added benefit,

Per recommendations here I bought a 209 conversion kit for a Knight Elite from SSK. I greased the threads on the breech plug with regular common grease. Screwed it in and hand tightened using a screw driver handle on socket. Installed the attachment on the bolt face and shot a dozen times. Some loads up to 120 Grains (v) of T7 and 400 grain bullets. Got home and the breech plug came out easily. The front of the breech plug sealed tight enough so no gases leaked behind the plug face into the threads. The grease still went all the way to the front of the threads. No dirt or contamination. The 209 primer pocket showed no signs of any gases exiting there either. The whole bolt area was as clean as if I had never shot it. Excellent upgrade for me. I recommend it.

I have the Bestill upgrade he reworked by bolt and if i understand it correctly it now has a rifle firing pin but still uses 209 primer. Very nice setup also a big upgrade on the breechplug. No worries now when out hunting. What’s the old saying. One less thing to worry about

This is a question for all you Knight fans out there...I'm aware of the ignition systems that Knight offers and what I want to know is if there is anyone out there that offers a large rifle primer conversion for them? I'm a Blackhorn shooter and I'm not a fan of the 209 primer as an ignition source. I have the Arrowhead conversion for my CVA Prairie Rifle and the clear superiority of that system over the 209 system is what prompts this question. I looked on the Arrowhead site and saw nothing mentioning Knight rifles. Thx in advance for all replies.
I use the #11 cap and never have any issues with it me personally never have seen the point of the 209 for a muzzleloader

And I have tried the pellet version of triple 7 and as long as I cleaned my gun really good those would work but once you get some build up it will miss fire with the pellet

Back