Knight KP1 and BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John S

Reaction score
Last week I bought a new KP1 and since then I've had the chance to do some shooting with it using BH209. Earlier, I had started using BH209 in my Encore PH and after getting the breechplug cleaned out I started having great results.
The KP1 comes with two breechplugs, the one installed at the factory being for their FPJ system that uses the plastic collars and the other a non-FPJ standard breechplug. It took me about two minutes of fiddling with the former to see that was a headache I don't need so I removed it before ever firing a shot through the rifle.
Using various bullets and charge weights, I've had perfect ignition each and every shot while using the regular breechplug and WW209 primers. So far, the most accurate load has been 110gr by volume of BH209 along with a Parker 275gr BE with HPH12 sabot.
The KP1 has really impressed me a lot with it's overall fit and finish. It feels great in the hands and points very naturally. Workmanship seems excellent and the action opens and closes like a vault door, very solid. It has none of the silly features the Encore is endowed with like the QLA muzzle and speed breechplug...that costs at least twice as much to replace as any standard plug. For the cost difference I would say the buyer is definitely getting a lot more for his dollars with the KP1.

I liked mine Ok. It shot fine and they are well built, but I traded my PH for it and I can tell you that was a mistake for me... I really miss my PH. Matter of fact, I took the KP1 back to my local gun shop yesterday to tade it for a .270 Pro-Hunter. Good luck with yours, they are nice... I guess i'm just a TC man though.

I like them both and feel they are both a well made rifle BUT the T/C is grossly overpriced, IMO. Their prices are in direct correlation to the amount of advertising they are doing on the hunting TV programs. Same as in the bow market...Matthews is the #1 sponsor and their bows are the highest priced. That said, if the T/C is what you prefer then use one and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back