Knight KRB - what is bad?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy Mike

Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of good reviews for the Knight rolling block muzzle loaders. What is the down side? hard to clean? parts get lost? Inaccurate? Hard to clean? Anybody get a bad one?

The safety looks really odd in the catalog photos. Anybody have trouble with the safety accidentally getting set ON when you want to shoot?

Cabela's list them at $299 for the basic - blued black rifle. Pretty good price if I believe the Knight KRB fans, but are there folks who DON'T like them?

I have not honestly say not much is wrong with the KRB...I REALLY like the way it feels/handles. The one I had was EXTREMELY accurate. It's a little hard to clean the breech area.....and IMO the BIGGIE....time has proven that generally you won't get immediate, 100% ignition with Blackhorn 209. VERY tight sabots and CCI Mag/Fed 209As help. But personally I wouldn't depend on it.

Thanks but never mind. I went into a shop at lunch time hoping to fondle a KRB but they had a NIB Knight Wolverine for $150. I couldn't pass that price up - so my ML search is over (at least for this season!).

big6x6 said:
I have not honestly say not much is wrong with the KRB...I REALLY like the way it feels/handles. The one I had was EXTREMELY accurate. It's a little hard to clean the breech area.....and IMO the BIGGIE....time has proven that generally you won't get immediate, 100% ignition with Blackhorn 209. VERY tight sabots and CCI Mag/Fed 209As help. But personally I wouldn't depend on it.

Fo Sho, Chuck...

first 3 shots @ 100yds went into 1 1/4".....breech cleans up easy enough with a shot of gunscrubber ;)

KRB7

My KRB7 is the best Muzz I have owned. It handles great and is extremely accurate. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I personally don't mind that it doesn't shoot BH209 as I have an excellent load with NE 460's and 777.

i'like my krb :D :D no harder to clean then a dics in my book?? do a search on the krb.... :shock: :shock: thanks WORM :shock: WORM

Back