Knight master hunter 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both rifles started out with the orange disc. Later I converted them to the full plastic jacket bolts. Eventually I installed the LeHigh plug with the primer adapter. I did install two shims to seal the 209 pocket and it works well with no leaks.

I don’t think you can use that bolt for the LeHigh plug and primer adapter. The end of the bolt face on my orange disc bolt has no way to extract a 209 primer like the full plastic jacket bolt does. If you want to seal up your breech, I think you’ll need a Full Plastic Jacket bolt, a LeHigh breech plug and a LeHigh primer adapter. I prefer the Lehigh primer adapter over the slotted bolt face style. Any Knight experts out there, please chime in if I’m off center on this.

I don’t think you can use that bolt for the LeHigh plug and primer adapter. The end of the bolt face on my orange disc bolt has no way to extract a 209 primer like the full plastic jacket bolt does. If you want to seal up your breech, I think you’ll need a Full Plastic Jacket bolt, a LeHigh breech plug and a LeHigh primer adapter. I prefer the Lehigh primer adapter over the slotted bolt face style. Any Knight experts out there, please chime in if I’m off center on this.
You are correct, the bolt from any Knight shooting Orange Plastic Jackets will not work with a bare primer or the Red FPJ. The bolt for a red FPJ will accept the Lehigh Primer adapter and the Lehigh DISC Breech Plug will work in a MH

Awesome, do I need to change the bolt or just shim. I'm kinda partial to the Jeweled bolt lol

You do not have to shim the BP, but the breech will get dirty and depending on the load you may push the primer out of the battery cup and up into the bolt a little bit. Lifting the bolt handle and pulling the trigger will re-seat the primer in the battery cup and then the primer will fall out of the primer adapter in the bolt.

Knight sells conversion kits to upgrade your MHC. I recommend getting your breech plug and primer adapter from Lehigh so you can change out the vent liners as they wear out.

Probably going to leave it original. I really don't won't to spend $200 for the conversion and locally bh209 just went to $52 a container

Bolt body at Sportsmans is $65 shipped. Your internals will fit it

Lehigh plug is about $24 shipped and another $22 for 4 extra vents

Not my favorite solution but its a nice looking SS jeweled bolt body and no FPJs to deal with. Its not just the BH209 dealio, you get far less fouling in the breech too. BTW learn to take your bolt apart and clean it. Once you know how its easy.

I saw the bolt body for the mountaineer but I didn't see one for the master hunter will they interchange
They all are basically the same bolt body across all Knight bolt rifles. Except for the Bare Primer Bolt Body. And there are reports that with some Original DISC's the bolt body needs some alteration. I have had 3 - 4 Original DISC's and did not have a problem.

I tell ya, i had an Omega scope on my DISC. The 5" eye relief is rough using 2 piece bases. Cant move it far enough forward for a "quick shoulder" to be in the sweet spot. Need to reposition each time i pulled it up. Add a rail and you can move it forward enough.

Hold the rifle at your waist
Close your eyes
Shoulder the rifle and the look thru the scope.

When you pull a rifle up like that your scope should be right where it needs to be. In my case i was never quite happy with it using 2 piece bases. I had almost the same setup.

Latest posts

Back