Knight original DISC bare 209 conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried to use a mountaineer bolt body and a Lehigh breach plug in a original disc? Seems like it will work ok. Am I missing anything? The disc original and the disc extreme barrel/ actions are identical from what I can see. That is other than the markings for “disc” or “disc extreme”

Oops thought i had a pic.

Yes i got a Mountaineer bare primer bolt body in a DISC using Elite bolt internals and a Lehigh Extreme/Elite plug. Now though it has a Bestill plug.

Last edited:
Do you think using the original disc internals would work? Reason I’m asking is I’ve got a disc extreme with a bare rifle primer conversion and I bought an original disc an got a mountaineer bolt body for cheep. Im trying not to spend a ton of money on this thing.

DISC internals will fit too but a tool is needed for disassembly. The bolt body might not fit some early DISCs. Minor machining is possible. If you got the parts just try it.

Everything seems to fit and function ok. Just didn’t know if maybe I was missing something is all. Similar to a headspace issue in a center fire rifle, you can’t actually see it and a round may chamber but it could have bad consequences. Wasn’t sure if muzzleloaders had something similar

Install your plug
Install the bolt MINUS THE INTERNALS
Open the bolt and place a primer in the bolt

Does the bolt close with no resistance at all or just a little?

If you need to apply a little force to get the bolt handle down you are getting some "primer crush"
If the bolt closes all the way with no effort at all your head space is loose.

Latest posts

Back