Knight prices?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I looked at the site today.... prices jumped a couple hundred dollars on every rifle. :huh?: :huh?: :huh?:

Anyone have an idea why? :d'oh!: All I see is a new note about 11% excise tax, but that doesn't explain the huge jump.

I had heard they were going up but I was shocked to see the TK2000 go up almost 50%.

Its because of the new triggers that's also why its taking so long to get the rifles at the moment.

Fmfdred56 said:
Its because of the new triggers that's also why its taking so long to get the rifles at the moment.

Well that must be one damn amazing trigger... :roll:
The triggers that I have in my rifles are pretty darn nice for factory, non-competition triggers.

Those prices are pushing up towards a custom now...not the ideal way to sell a factory ML, imo.
The Disc Extreme is about what a UL used to be, and for some reason is now more expensive than some of the Mountaineers. :huh?: :huh?: :huh?:

And why are they now charging an 11% Excise tax?

It must be their new anti-sales plan. :d'oh!:

Upper Hand said:
I had heard they were going up but I was shocked to see the TK2000 go up almost 50%.

Yeah, several rifles have had about that % increase. Not sure how anyone in charge could think that is a good idea.

I just checked. Mountaineers in forest green have the same price, but grey or nutmeg are about 25% more. What is the "new" trigger? A REAL Timney after years of a moonlighting employee building knockoffs for Knight? Does this mean a left handed trigger is back on the table? :think:

Squeeze said:
I just checked. Mountaineers in forest green have the same price, but grey or nutmeg are about 25% more. What is the "new" trigger? A REAL Timney after years of a moonlighting employee building knockoffs for Knight? Does this mean a left handed trigger is back on the table? :think:

Even if it is... most timney triggers are around $100-$125 - RETAIL. My BIL just ordered one for his Rem 700 from Midwest Gun Works... it was like $125.

I was told by knight that the new triggers are a timny match trigger. I bet they sell more rifles at the new prices than they have in the last few months considering they haven't had a trigger for that long at least.

Oh I get it, you can pay alot for a competition trigger, some are very pricey. But for a production ML - seems like a good solid trigger (timney, or whoever) would be all that is needed. Considering that the majority of people who buy are just hunters, using match triggers and creating a huge price increase doesn't seem like its a smart move. Oh well, maybe I'll be wrong. Either way, I'm glad I have the rifles I do have... and at 1/3 of the going price.

As far as I know timney and the knockoff are the only 2 USA made triggers, if I was timney knight would be paying out the butt for triggers since timney is the last option. That said any muzzy I buy in the future will say white on them after the ordeal iv had plus price increase on top of it....

For that kind of increase they should have switched to Jewel triggers. Its not like Timney is the only game in town. Both Bold and Rifle Basix could easily make a Knight trigger or Knight could simply change the action a tiny bit to accept a more common trigger housing such as a Rem700 or Mauser.

Bold and Rifle Basix are made in the USA and im pretty sure Jewel is also. A semi new company is making a really neat looking trigger that is gaining in popularity and they cost less than Timney. Made in Canada but still worth the money.

Triggertech http://www.triggertech.com/firearms.html

Wow. For just a little more i can build a custom 700ml with a timney trigger and have a more capable rifle.

3 of the Mountaineers over $1000
UltraLites over $1100
Extremes and Bighorns over $600
TK2000s over $700!!!!

Good luck with that Knight. I would rather build a custom on a Rem600/660 action for another $500

They'll go out of business again with those prices. Maybe that's what they're doing?

Squeeze said:
I have those too, but they are all a few pounds heavier.. I like them all, for certain things.

Perhaps a few pounds heavier than the Ulite but not the Mountaineer. My Remington 700ml with thumbhole stock and brux 26" barrel is maybe 1 pound heavier than the mountaineer but it is pretty close, and will do a lot more performance wise. I like Knights and think they make a good gun but that price is too high.

3 of the Mountaineers over $1000
UltraLites over $1100
Extremes and Bighorns over $600
TK2000s over $700!!!!

Good luck with that Knight. I would rather build a custom on a Rem600/660 action for another $500 the ultra lite was 899?? Olive Green Ultra-Lite Muzzleloader $1,116.99 is the trigger made of GOLD??? they will be out business in a years time ... the trigger in my disc extreme is good why change it?? 1/8 inch to 3/16 wider and it would be perfect.. WORM

GM54-120 said:
For that kind of increase they should have switched to Jewel triggers. Its not like Timney is the only game in town. Both Bold and Rifle Basix could easily make a Knight trigger or Knight could simply change the action a tiny bit to accept a more common trigger housing such as a Rem700 or Mauser.

Bold and Rifle Basix are made in the USA and im pretty sure Jewel is also. A semi new company is making a really neat looking trigger that is gaining in popularity and they cost less than Timney. Made in Canada but still worth the money.

Triggertech http://www.triggertech.com/firearms.html

Jewel is made in Texas. A current trigger for a Rem700 with Bolt release and safety is about $215 -$235 depending on safety location.

I just looked at the Knight site and could not believe it! Wow, That can't just be due to a Trigger, sorry Knight but I can't swallow that one. I could see putting a "Competition Trigger" in a Target rifle but not in a hunting rifle. I am sure glad I got mine when I did. Makes me feel better about it after seeing that increase.

Back