Knight Screw Safety...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight Disc Screw Safety...

• Like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

• Hate it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
A lot has been discussed regarding the screw safety on the Knight Discs. What do you think about it?

Personally I like it. It ensures that the primer will not be struck. You can drag the gun around in a case or carry it on your back. For going to and from a stand I think it is a great idea. For a stalking gun, maybe not so much. The whole idea is, if you don't like it why not just always keep that part on fire?

Maybe it's a mechanical thing that I don't understand. Either way lets hear what you think.

I'm not crazy about it. When one can EASILY remove the jacket/disc/primer and render a muzzleloader un-firable..seems redundant.

You can never be to SAFE. The problem is, most people arent safe. The safe can be used or not used. I think thats enough said right there. :)

I hate the dern thing and always replace it with a 3/8" coarse thread lock-nut. Frankly, I can't see why a muzzleloader needs two safeties. If one isn't enough, put 6 or 8 on there or just leave the thing unloaded.

But it goes hand in hand with Ralph Nader designed lawyer triggers.

I like it,but if some one don't,then just don't use it.
Kinder like have a 500 Horse powder motor in the car.Don't really need to in a car ,but it is there incase one wants to let some of it out.

I like it, and you gotta know that in these days of stupid lawsuits, it probably gives Knight some protection also.

So far I have no objections to it. It makes disassembly of the bolt a no brainer. I do like the dead nuts positive safety aspect of it. I bought this rifle (disc extreme) to hunt Elk in Colorado and other critters in other draw tag states. If I want to make a stalk on a bull or a buck, I can screw it in and be totally safe without removing the disc. Making set up for a shot as easy as a swipe of my thumb over the nut. As opposed to fumbling with a disc at the moment of truth. It does nothing for the looks of the rifle. Kinda silly in appearance, but I really have no problem with it being there.

I like it and use it when walking but once on stand I unscrew it and just have the side thumb safety.

Don C

Just some thing else that could cause a problem when you are hunting. Lee

younghunter_86

I really do prefer it... I do not use it very often but when i do for safety sake - it is far more positive than the thumb safety... It really is handy in a lot of aspects + if I do not want to use it, which is most of the time I simple unscrew out till is tight and forget it... it is not a bother..

I dont care for it either. I cost me an animal once. Now I teflon tape the threads and back the nut out so it sticks and stays put unless I really want it to move.

The OCD in me wants to repeatedly verify that it is indeed all the way out. None of the other long guns I own have multiple safeties. I could do without it on my Knights.

Back