Knight Shadow???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesmoke

Reaction score
Anybody personally seen or shot this one yet? If so, what did you think of it?

I have one that I bought a few weeks ago and used it this past weekend to take a 130 pound doe. I had a beartooth magnum by BPI before that and I like the Knight much better. It seems to be reasonably accurate and certainly did the job on the only deer I have shot with it. This rifle seems to fit me much better than the Beartooth (which is very similar to the CVA Wolf). I use 300 grain fn hp 45-70 government bullets and was using a black harvester crushed rib sabot in front of 100 grains of pyrodex pellets (I will be switching over to orange mmp sabots though). I have not had a lot of range time with the gun yet, just enought to sight it in and get it ready for the season opener. The recoil with 100 grains of pyrodex is very manageable and that is the biggest difference that I have noted between the rifles. The pad on the Shadow is much better than what was on the Beartooth and that along with the better fit has been a big plus. I have shot 7mm mags and 300 mags that did not kick as much as the Beartooth, but again it was likely the fit of that rifle.

Latest posts

Back