KNIGHTS Disc Primer LOADING TOOL JUNK

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have broke two sets of these cheep loading tools from Knight , and worn blisters on my fingers pushing the 209s in that is Until one of owr members invented a loading tool and it also deprimes the disc very easy also the members name is Brian ( aka KNIGHT ) ask him about his invention it works great he sent me one to try . I think if we ASK him very nicely he ma post some PIC of it .

Ron

I turn the primer upside down on the bench, put the disc on top and push down with a hammer handle. woks great.

I use to reload the discs but stopped that practice as I decided my scope finish was more important. What the heck...it's just money, right?

You're right Ron, these are definitely JUNK!

Thats one reason why i have stuck with the older Orange Primer Disc Holder's.In my older Magnum Disc Rifle rifle it is very easy for me to pop a 209 in,and it has nerver so much as left any black dust left on my scope.Not even when i re-use them.I believe,that if something is not broke,
DON'T TRY AND FIX IT. :)
Knight should NOT have tried to re-invent the Wheel. :wink:

Knight Primer Press

First I want to thanks to all the ML on the site you have a great place here I have spent many hours reading your posts and learned so much.I like the fact that no matter what you shoot there is a place for you and that you are treated with respect my hat is off to all here.A special thanks to lungbuster1 you have been a great friend I thought I was the only one with the Knight ML disease I feel at home here.Well here are some pictures of the press that I made it is still in the proto type mode so there is always room for improve if you have any suggestions please share.
The pictures are self explanitory it is not rocket science I will say that because of some medical problems it has made the job easy for me.The tip used to load the primer has a magnet glued into the end of it and it is back bored so there is no contact with the ignition part of thr primer only the outside lip.any how have a look if you have any questions please ask away or improvements that would help so thanks a million for a great place to feed my Knight illness Night (Brian

Brian

you are AWSOME thanks for sarring this with our family of members and I take my hat off to you and am glad to call you my Canadian friend !!!!

Ron

Hey now, that's purty nifty right there... 8) Nice work, and Welcome!

lungbuster1 said:
I have broke two sets of these cheep loading tools from Knight , and worn blisters on my fingers pushing the 209s in that is Until one of owr members invented a loading tool and it also deprimes the disc very easy also the members name is Brian ( aka KNIGHT ) ask him about his invention it works great he sent me one to try . I think if we ASK him very nicely he ma post some PIC of it .

Ron

Wow, you must be kind of rough !!! I have no problem with the Knight tool. I also use it to unload the disks since I clean them up and re use them. Their life is almost indefinite.

lungbuster1 said:
I Take no Prisoners

How do you unprime with those

LB1

I cut off the head of a nail that fits loosely inside the primer jacket(disk). I put the disk in the receptacle of the tool upside down, then I put the nail piece into the hole head side up. Press the handles together and voila, out comes the primer !!

I have the Knight Tool, and it works okay for out in the field or range when I run out of the red knight and primers. It works it is just not a tool to be used. The one that you recommend is great looking but carrying it with you out in the field is not practical. But yea the Knight Tool is not what is called heavy duty or well designed. Just seems to work for me thus far. But I don't don't a lot of shooting maybe 15 or 20 shots a year since my Knight Disc Elite is right on so far. I shoot it that much just to be sure of its performance and get use to the system again after a long time off.

I picked up the tool from Cabelas for half price in the online bargain cave. So it was good for the price and so far have not had any issues but I could see if you do a lot of range time and shooting that it might not last.

The new one that is shown might be the way to go if you do a lot of range and shooting.

It seems to be a personal preference like most things some have no issues and others have failures.

LFM

LFM- most of the people that shoot will load more than that for one range session. When I sit down and load primers in the plastic jackets I load 150-200 at a time. With the priming tool that is available right now this is a headache and some sore fingers.

priming tool

does lee make anything that would work with lee presses? if not i will. let yall know as soon as i get all my shell holders out and scratch my head a few times :twisted: yes i took my medication.

Call me crazy or call me poor ( you would be right on both accounts), the easiest way to load these is to put the primer down on a flat table and push the FPJ over it. If you cheat and reuse the FPJ like I sometimes do- the easiest way to deprime the FPJ is to take a Craftsman 12 point 12mm 3/8" drive socket, put the socket with the drive side/square down on a flat hard surface, put the FPJ into the socket so the open end is facing up and use a hammer and screwdriver to drive out the spent primer. It will fall through the circular middle of the socket.

This practice may be more Foxworthy fodder:
"If you have ever reused a Knight Full Plastic Jacket..."

My first exposure to the loading tool is the one I received with my MHC on Tuesday and I thought I would try it. Using your feedback I used it with two hands ( one on the handles and the other to guide the jaws closed) and I thought it worked rather well. I could see if you were trying to just use the handles the thing really would, for lack of a better term- suck! But it was free and I figured if I gingerly used it, it just might be ok.

MQ32shooter said:
Call me crazy or call me poor ( you would be right on both accounts), the easiest way to load these is to put the primer down on a flat table and push the FPJ over it. If you cheat and reuse the FPJ like I sometimes do- the easiest way to deprime the FPJ is to take a Craftsman 12 point 12mm 3/8" drive socket, put the socket with the drive side/square down on a flat hard surface, put the FPJ into the socket so the open end is facing up and use a hammer and screwdriver to drive out the spent primer. It will fall through the circular middle of the socket.

This practice may be more Foxworthy fodder:
"If you have ever reused a Knight Full Plastic Jacket..."

Exactly what I do. Only I prime this way.....turn primers upside down on table, place jacket over the primer and push on with a hammer handle.

Latest posts

Back