Knights prices

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotehunter243

Reaction score
I went to Knights Web site to order a new .50 cal barrel for my Disc extreme ( wanting to go away from.the .52) and noticed their prices have jumped drastically. Have they changed anything or just raised the prices? When I got my Disc extreme a couple years ago it was $549.99 now they are $859 with less stock options.

Pretty much the same rifle. They supposedly changed the trigger because of something with the supplier (not sure if better, worse, or just similar) but it doesn't justify the price jump - to me.

Your best bet for a .50 is probably to grab a used/like new whole gun. Would likely cost less than half what a new one is. They pop up here and other places pretty often. If you want new and barrel only, check numrich. They might have one for a fair price, I know they used to carry them.

Take a look in the classifieds section here on the board. There are a couple of us with guns in your price range that have already been dialed in and ready to go.

I can suggest to you a large part of the price increase is that Knight has returned to the true Timney in their rifles. Knight and the company that was supplying the look alike trigger was unable to reach an agreement. The new triggers are far (I will use that word not sure what Knight might say)more expensive than the previous contract triggers. When you look the price of the Timney on line it looks like they may be in the area of up to $150 more expensive than the previous 'contract' trigger - which really was a good trigger.

Knight should announce that change. As it is everybody thinks they just raised the prices for no reason.

Did the prices go up more than $150?

sabotloader said:
I can suggest to you a large part of the price increase is that Knight has returned to the true Timney in their rifles. Knight and the company that was supplying the look alike trigger was unable to reach an agreement. The new triggers are far (I will use that word not sure what Knight might say)more expensive than the previous contract triggers. When you look the price of the Timney on line it looks like they may be in the area of up to $150 more expensive than the previous 'contract' trigger - which really was a good trigger.

Maybe so, but that hardly warrants $300.00 plus in increases. But i will say, the Ultralite is far from over priced in my opinion.

Muley Hunter said:
Knight should announce that change. As it is everybody thinks they just raised the prices for no reason.

Did the prices go up more than $150?

Yes they actually did go up more than the price of the triggers. Also remember the guessed $150 was on the 3 screw target trigger, there also was an increase in the 2 screw hunter trigger but I would hope it was not as healthy as the target trigger.

Grouse you really can not go by the prices on the web site - they are TERRIBLE.... But in actuality the new price of the ULite at Sportsman's is $899 and last year the price was $749.

Far be it from me to tell another man how to spend his money, but I'm wondering if Knight may end up pricing themselves out of the game?

Most hunter's I've talked with regarding muzzleloaders were basically interested in grabbing something cheap, putting in some pellets and making sure they could hit a vitals sized target. Once that was accomplished, mission complete and time to hunt. The technical discussions on accuracy, charges, bullet selection, choice of sabot, etc. was what brought me here to this forum, but I don't think the average member here is representative of the average muzzleloading hunter. I could of course be wrong.

I hear lots of positives about Knight rifles, and someday I hope to add one to the muzzleloader collection. But I'd be hard pressed to pay the sort of prices that seem to be the new norm for a new Knight rifle.

Tannhauser said:
Far be it from me to tell another man how to spend his money, but I'm wondering if Knight may end up pricing themselves out of the game?

I think they will, just a matter of time.

ENCORE50A said:
Muley Hunter said:
Nice gun, but that price is silly.

That's the problem with American manufactured goods, right?

I think the real problem is greed which is running downhill from our current government.

Grouse said:
sabotloader said:
Grouse you really can not go by the prices on the web site - they are TERRIBLE.... But in actuality the new price of the ULite at Sportsman's is $899 and last year the price was $749.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/ ... y?a=868986

Its funny you say that, before i posted that i checked the Mountaineer at Sportsman guide it was over $1000.00

Heres the Knight Ultralite

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/ ... ?a=1710640

O you were looking at Sportsman's Guide - just shows that all vendors are not created equal... need to look around! Look at Sportsman's Whse - they purchased a huge amount and must have really got a good price!

Guess the catalog has not caught up with the stores..

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... /cat100008

Here is a store add for the more expensive Western Version...

And the Mountaineer

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... /cat100008

I think he was busting on me. I agree you have to pay for quality, but you don't want to over pay.

Back