KRB7 First Imprestions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think matte black is always the better choice if silver is the alternative. The contrast between rings/scope and barrel/stock will sort of match and looks good IMHO.

Thanks guys all of you are awsome :yeah:

I was thinking mat black also but the wife said silver but what do they know. ha ha

By the way the KRB has the domed breech plug witch kinda supprised me I thought it would have one like the disc extreme .

The bullets that TRAPCAT is sending should be here tommaro and I should have the scope by Thursday so if not rainning FRIDAY LOOK OUT
I'm going Target Hunting .

RON G.

I'm trying this from my phone so I hope it works.

Ron, if you need help posting pictures, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Cajun said:
I'm trying this from my phone so I hope it works.

Ron, if you need help posting pictures, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

I read all the directions on posting a picture and apparently I missed the computer jargon class. I have not idea what the h#$@@ they are talking about or how to go about it. HTML??????

cajun

I'll take you up on that

shold need help on fri or sat going to pick up my scope todayand then i'll be ready to shoot and start giveing range reportes.

thanks man

Ron G.

Cajun

Mitch : DID you ever get any other conicals to try in your Omega ?
OR a chance to pick up any FELT Wads to try under those TC.

Ron G.

Hey Ron,

I've not been able to get out and shoot since and the way things are looking for the rest of my weekends in December, it may not be until the 2nd weekend of January. I'll keep hoping for a open day sooner. Anyway, I have not picked up the wads yet, but I'll definitly have the wads and another box of Maxi Ball's before I go out again. I did pick up some Percision Rifle Ultimate 1 450 gr. conicals with the polymar tip to try. I'm still planning on getting some Sabertooth's and I want to try the no excuses bullet too.

Last night, I ran another Horady G.P. 385 through the bore. Barrowed a caliper and measured .501 on both bullets. So, while I had the caliper, I started playing around measuring bullets. I'll post that data later, I don't have it with me. I did find out that I can't use the percision rifle bullets I bought, not to hunt with anyway. They are longer then an inch. Watch, they will shoot great. :lol: Most local box stores sell tons of sabots and very few conical. The department managers should read the Colorado regulations before ordering. The good thing is I have plent of time to work out a bullet before hunting season.

Posting Pictures:
I frequent several different forum that do things different ways for posting pictures. This is what I use / do that work for all.

Go to: http://imageshack.us/

On the right hand side of the page, close to the top, you will see "Browse".
Click it and then find the picture on your computer the same as if you were just trying to open it on your computer.

Then click host it. You don't have to put an email address or resize it unless you want to. If you do put a email address, it will email you the link which can be nice for future use.

A new window is opened
Scroll down the page, copy and paste the link next to "Hotlink for Forums(1)" Into your post box on this forum while you are typing the post.

This is one of my other hobbies by the way. :D

And your done!

Edit: Doing it this way doesn't store the image on the forum server. It usually makes the admins like Big 6x6 happy that you aren't using their space.

Mitch:

THANKS I WILL TRY THAT AND HOPE I DON'T MESS UP.

IF YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU SOME OF THE 300 gr SABER TOOTH TO TRY .
.501 THAT IS ONE TIGHT BORE.

I JUST RECEV. THE BULLETS FROM TRAPCAT TODAY THE NO EXSC. MESURED OUT AT .503 THE .504 HE SENT IS JUST WAY TO TIGHT GOING TO SEND THEM BACK TO HIM WITH SOME SHOCKWAVES TO COVER THE OTHER ONES.

RON G.

Mitch:

IF YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS I WILL SEND YOU SOME OF THE 300 gr SABER TOOTH TO TRY .

I JUST RECEV. THE BULLETS FROM TRAPCAT TODAY THE NO EXSC. MESURED OUT AT .503 THE .504 HE SENT IS JUST WAY TO TIGHT GOING TO SEND THEM BACK TO HIM WITH SOME SHOCKWAVES TO COVER THE OTHER ONES.

RON G.

lungbuster1 said:
Mitch:

RON G.

Cool! I'll send you a PM. I have some Hornady G.P. 385's and Percision Rifle Untimate 1's for you. Thanks!

OK guys picked up a scope for the gun today not the one I wanted ( out ) so I ordered it , and bought a HORIZON HIGH DEFINITION ( HHD )
by OPTRONICS to try out .
IT is 3x9x40 3.5" eye relife wide angle Fully/ Multy Coated Optics
with Mil - Dot Retical for multiple aming points.
IT also comes with a Unconditional Lifetime Warranty.
It is crystal clear , I'm pretty Impressed ( but we will see )

Got it mounted and now I'm ready to start throwing some LEAD !

HERE IS A LIST OF WHAT I"M GOING TO BE TRYING

Hornady 385gr G P
Saber - tooth 300gr
NO EX 460gr .503
NO EX 495gr .503
TC Maxi - ball 370gr

Need to order some .503 BULL SHOP
any suggestions on any thing else.

RON G.

Hey Ron,
I stopped today and picked up some 1/8 felt wads, another box of Maxi Balls, and some 3Fg T7.

You had asked about my bore and I don't think I had confirmed. .501 is the measurement of both bullets I slugged with. I did notice that the bullet wasn't perfectly round after slugging, both had an off set that measured .504 When I start a G.P. conical, it is pretty hard at first but once the rifleing breaks through the top ring, it glides to the bottom.
Also, I'm measuring across the top band, closest to the point. (widest point)

Cajun, measure the NARROWEST point on the top band to get land to land. You are trying to measure groove to groove and that bullet probably isn't a big enough diameter initially to get that measure. That might also explain the offset.

cajun

CAJUN

I have been trying to post the picx but it is not doing any thing.

any sugge.

That's the only way I know how. I have another idea, I'll pm you![/img]

Back