Learning related history

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Not every day when you learn more about your family history.

Leslie, Michigan has a historical society and evidently someone found this photo. Where and how they obtained it is anyone's guess. The person named below is my great uncle. He is the brother to my father's mother, my grandmother. He had been long gone by the time I came around but, one of the brothers, Ruben, remained. Uncle Rube, was the first person to allow me to drive a car. It was the only way he and my grandmother could get me to go to church. LOL
That car, a 1950 Chevy, he ended up giving to me when I turned 15. He replaced it with a 1962 Chevy. The floorboards were so bad, that my dad and I put a wooden floorboard in it. We used the boards from an old silo we tore down.

No one in the family ever knew of this photo, but the story is spot on. What they didn't know is, one of the other brothers was lost in Lake Erie. The wind switched on him and it carried him over the lake. No one can be sure but, he evidently must have thought the wind would switch back and remained with the balloon. Big mistake. Although they did try to look for him, his body was never recovered.

Never stop learning I guess..............

1656765265332.png

Back