Lee 457-340-F or 457-405-F

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But not as good as the Gould bullet? :D
Personally I wouldn’t know as I haven’t harvested anything with them. But 3 out of 4 of my grandsons have and they love it! The 4th one had an opportunity this year but felt the doe was small and decided to let her get bigger.

I’ll see how these workout, but I’d still like to get the Gould mold. I think the HP on the Gould would be great for pronghorn.

I’ll see how these workout, but I’d still like to get the Gould mold. I think the HP on the Gould would be great for pronghorn.

The Lyman Gould is an AWESOME Bullet!! It is a Mold WELL worth owning. If i had to Narrow all of my 45 Cal Molds down to a Few, The Gould is definitely one of my Keepers :lewis: Note how it was numbered 456 below? That changed some years later to 457122

456122 -- the Gould bullet, designed by John Barlow for A. C. Gould, the editor of Shooting and Fishing; a 330 grain HP for the .45-70, "It has a great reputation as a killer of large game."

That is a good price, I actually could have had it for around $30 about 10 years ago in Cabelas Bargin Cave :wall:.

You made a mistake not grabbing it! Ah, no big deal, It’s only money, Now you can spend double More to own one :p And that’s on Sale :)

Back