Lehigh / Knight Bloodline Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our Kansas season has come to an end this year. Hunting was a challenge due to increased cover on the prairie from a wet year.

We shot two deer with the .452 250 grain Lehigh / Bloodline bullets. The terminal performance of these bullets is amazing. In both cases the base did a pass through and the controlled fracture petals spun off to be found in the ribs or offside hide.

I know there are many good MZ bullets available but for accuracy and results, these are hard to beat.

Does lead free matter? I don't know but it can't hurt. I'll post pics of a dandy mule deer taken this year.

LarryBud said:
Our Kansas season has come to an end this year. Hunting was a challenge due to increased cover on the prairie from a wet year.

We shot two deer with the .452 250 grain Lehigh / Bloodline bullets. The terminal performance of these bullets is amazing. In both cases the base did a pass through and the controlled fracture petals spun off to be found in the ribs or offside hide.

I know there are many good MZ bullets available but for accuracy and results, these are hard to beat.

Does lead free matter? I don't know but it can't hurt. I'll post pics of a dandy mule deer taken this year.

Congratulations on your hunt!! Ive shot three Bull Elk with that same bullet and they truly are the best ML bullet on the market today. I just wish Knight would lower the price on them a little. Cant wait to see your pics!!

I used the 185 grain in my Knight and grouped exceptionally well out to 200yds(as far as I tested them). I took 4 or 5 whitetails with them and had the same performance you found... the major portion of the bullet had a complete pass thru and the petals of the hollow points created their own wound channels... I would still be using them, except I like to shoot a lot and the expense is a hindrance... went to paperpatching and getting great performance in a heavy lead bullet... not the trajectory of the lighter one, but kills deer DRT... I still have about 150 of the Lehigh's(bought from Dave before Knight took them over) and will have my grandson shoot in the inline that he will be getting from me... should be easier on his shoulder... thanks again to Grouse in making that happen.

TheMoose

themoose said:
I used the 185 grain in my Knight and grouped exceptionally well out to 200yds(as far as I tested them). I took 4 or 5 whitetails with them and had the same performance you found... the major portion of the bullet had a complete pass thru and the petals of the hollow points created their own wound channels... I would still be using them, except I like to shoot a lot and the expense is a hindrance... went to paperpatching and getting great performance in a heavy lead bullet... not the trajectory of the lighter one, but kills deer DRT... I still have about 150 of the Lehigh's(bought from Dave before Knight took them over) and will have my grandson shoot in the inline that he will be getting from me... should be easier on his shoulder... thanks again to Grouse in making that happen.

TheMoose

The good new is, Lehigh is trying to make a copper bullet that competes with the Bloodline or maybe even better?? The Lehigh 265grn Copper bullet ive been testing has worked perfect so far. I have shot 4 Deer with them, and only one of them went 10 or 15 yards. All the others dropped in there tracks. Ive also sent out bullets for a couple other hunters to test. And they sent pics and results were the same. They are also working on a lighter Bullet for Elk for me. It looks like it will be .452 240grn bullet. I also know two 40cal are in the works as well. One will be .400 190 or 200grn, and another around 220 to 235grn for the faster twist ML's. And the best new is, the 265grn Copper will be sold direct from Lehigh for $1.00 a bullet once it's on the website. Hopefully it will be today or this week.

LarryBud said:

They really are truly a great bullet - I personally do not use the 250 so I can not tell you I have had a lot of experience with them. Not because of any doubt in them - just because I really prefer the 275 grain Bloodline which I believe is the best all-around bullet built.

And if you wanna go a step further check out the Lehigh .458x305 grain bullet a true 45-70 bullet... and the cost!

I move to these heavier bullets for a couple of reason - down range energy to 200 yards and mother nature has less effect on the flight path.

But! when it gets right down to it - not sure you would find a bullet with better 'terminal ballistics' than the 250 on deer especially shooting a at normal hunting ranges.

Congrats on the harvest

My Elite is loaded with them right now. :D
I could have killed a doe last Sat... had the shot and hesitated just a tad too long and my opportunity vanished. All I had to do was squeeze, and I piddled around instead of getting the job done. Hoping to get another chance to lose my virginity on these bullets this season.

WV Hunter said:
My Elite is loaded with them right now. :D
I could have killed a doe last Sat... had the shot and hesitated just a tad too long and my opportunity vanished. All I had to do was squeeze, and I piddled around instead of getting the job done. Hoping to get another chance to lose my virginity on these bullets this season.

LMAO, way to funny!!

I used the 300 grn bloodlines on a 7 pt this year. I shot it in the neck, right behind the head and in that little bit I had entry, exit and a cluster of wing exits. Bang flop. I dont normally shoot neck, But I took what I could get. I may try to do it again though.. :D

I myself caved in this season. I also tried the 275gn Bloodline in my Knight UL with 120gnV of BH. I had seen the pics from Sabotloader and others showing Terminal performace. Well the Terminal performance is really just something you have to see! I shot one large Ohio Doe and a Button buck this season (2 weeks ago), Doe was 90 yards and the button was 84yds. The Base and 4 pedals ALL exited the button buck and 2 pedals all hit bone. The Base and 3 pedals all exited the Doe, both Bang Flops! The First thing that went though my mind when I looked in side both was "Devastating"! :shock: 8)

Grouse
I too hated the price from Knight. I had ordered 2 boxes from them and later in the evening found them cheaper at Sportsman's Warehouse online. Even with shipping they were much cheaper from Sportsman's.

I just checked and they don't show the 275gn now but do show the 250gn. :(

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... /cat100013

ShawnT said:
I myself caved in this season. I a tried the 275gn Bloodline in my Knight UL with 120gnV of BH. I had seen the pics from Sabotloader and others showing Terminal performace. Well the Terminal performance is really just something you have to see! I shot one large Ohio Doe and a Button buck this season (2 weeks ago), Doe was 90 yards and the button was 84yds. The Base and 4 pedals ALL exited the button buck and 2 pedals all hit bone. The Base and 3 pedals all exited the Doe, both Bang Flops! The First thing that went though my mind when I looked in side both was "Devastating"! :shock: 8)

Grouse
I too hated the price from Knight. I had ordered 2 boxes from them and later in the evening found them cheaper at Sportsman's Warehouse online. Even with shipping they were much cheaper from Sportsman's.

Those are priced right for sure!! Those 250's won't let you down I assure you!!

Grouse said:
ShawnT said:
I myself caved in this season. I a tried the 275gn Bloodline in my Knight UL with 120gnV of BH. I had seen the pics from Sabotloader and others showing Terminal performace. Well the Terminal performance is really just something you have to see! I shot one large Ohio Doe and a Button buck this season (2 weeks ago), Doe was 90 yards and the button was 84yds. The Base and 4 pedals ALL exited the button buck and 2 pedals all hit bone. The Base and 3 pedals all exited the Doe, both Bang Flops! The First thing that went though my mind when I looked in side both was "Devastating"! :shock: 8)

Grouse

I know you like the lighter bullets and I guess I am still stuck on the heavier the better like all of the others I have shot. But after seeing the results for myself I think you are right, the lighter bullets would be more than good for deer. I am now a believer! Have to admit that I also thought they might be a bit over kill, but only for a minute. :wink: I have like 3 more boxes of the 275's but maybe I will get a couple of the 250's to try. but truth be told I was also waiting to see the results of that .452 265 you were testing. It sounds like a great option.

ShawnT said:
Grouse said:
ShawnT said:

Grouse

I know you like the lighter bullets and I guess I am still stuck on the heavier the better like all of the others I have shot. But after seeing the results for myself I think you are right, the lighter bullets would be more than good for deer. I am now a believer! Have to admit that I also thought they might be a bit over kill, but only for a minute. :wink: I have like 3 more boxes of the 275's but maybe I will get a couple of the 250's to try. but truth be told I was also waiting to see the results of that .452 265 you were testing. It sounds like a great option.

I can only tell what I see in the field. But the guy who makes the bullets will tell you the 200grn Bloodline will kill better then then the 250, 275 and 300grn Bloodlines with equal powder charge. The 200 would be my first choice if legal for Elk. The 265 copper bullet probably will out do the 275 your using. But I would prefer the the brass Bloodlines on dangerous game myself. I'll let you know after this weekend on the 265 after a couple more kills. But the 275 I'm sure has a better BC. But at 200 yards and under I don't worry about BC. I'm really not sure I ever worry about BC except for Lehigh. Knowing what your bullet does at the ranges you will be shooting is key with me.

I need to try the 200grn Bloodlines in my .45 ultra lite. I have a box of the 275grn Bloodlines I need to get rid of since I don't have a .50 anymore.

I'm really not sure I ever worry about BC except for Lehigh. Knowing what your bullet does at the ranges you will be shooting is key with me.

I totally agree. I have never been concerned about BC. And seeing the performance is what I go by in the end. I have been a target shooter and still am at heart but that just tells me accuracy, on game terminal performance is the next key for me in deciding the bullet I will hunt with.

SCHUNTER said:
I need to try the 200grn Bloodlines in my .45 ultra lite. I have a box of the 275grn Bloodlines I need to get rid of since I don't have a .50 anymore.

My buddy uses the 275 in his 52cal. I'll trade you for the 200grn Bloodlines if you want.

I will trade for the 200grn Bloodlines. I should have mentioned I only have the bullets no sabots.

SCHUNTER said:
I will trade for the 200grn Bloodlines. I should have mentioned I only have the bullets no sabots.

Same here, send me a pm with your full name and address. Let me know how many you got.

Latest posts

Back