Lehigh / Knight Bloodline Bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dooger said:
Are these bullets on the Lehigh website? I can't find any .452's???

The Bloodlines are not on the Lehigh site - the are built for Knight Rifles under a contract. Knight does distribute them to other outlets like Sportsman's and other places. The will always be less expensive at the retail level versus Knight unless Knight has a special sale. Knight has to be more expensive to be able to sale to a retailer.

There are 452 on the Lehigh Defense site but they are not the same weight or built the same as the Bloodline

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collection ... zzleloader

There will be another bullet posted to the site at a later date.

This is the new offering soon to be posted.

sabotloader said:
The Bloodlines are not on the Lehigh site - the are built for Knight Rifles under a contract. Knight does distribute them to other outlets like Sportsman's and other places. The will always be less expensive at the retail level versus Knight unless Knight has a special sale. Knight has to be more expensive to be able to sale to a retailer.

I don't disagree with what your saying at all. That makes perfect sense to me. But, its no secret at all, Knight dumps access stock to the sportsmans guide that they don't want or to lower inventory for whatever reason. Do you know of anyplace else that sells Bloodlines at a fair price on the internet? The range rod really bothers me as well at Knight. Its on the website for $109.99 were can you buy it at a lower cost? The exact same rod should be on Lehigh's website for $69.99 but thats another subject. Im going to do some searches now, but i havent seen anyone post anything about it.

The only other places ive seen that sell bloodlines is midway usa and Natchez which both are selling for the same price as knight does. Not sure who else?

chaded said:
The only other places ive seen that sell bloodlines is midway usa and Natchez which both are selling for the same price as knight does. Not sure who else?

Yes ive seen that as well. Im looking for a more affordable cost on the bullets.

You go to Knights website and click on bloodline bullets. Then click on one of the bullets like the 250grn bullet. Watch the video they have. It totally is not how the bullet works. The bullet does not come apart and break into 6 pieces. The petals do, but not the complete bullet. I complained about this ages ago and even sent an email to Knight. The problem is, they dont know how it works and most others dont either. Very poor marketing!!!

Grouse said:
sabotloader said:

I don't disagree with what your saying at all. That makes perfect sense to me. But, its no secret at all, Knight dumps access stock to the sportsmans guide that they don't want or to lower inventory for whatever reason. Do you know of anyplace else that sells Bloodlines at a fair price on the internet? The range rod really bothers me as well at Knight. Its on the website for $109.99 were can you buy it at a lower cost? The exact same rod should be on Lehigh's website for $69.99 but thats another subject. Im going to do some searches now, but i havent seen anyone post anything about it.

Sportsman's WHSE carries Bloodlines - their warehouse stock, variety and weights, are really low now that hunting season is over. There are several other local dealers that carry them also. - I really do not know on your side of the world who might have them.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... /cat100013

Who cares if it is excess stock - the price is lower! and that is what really counts...

You are ahead of me - I thought Knight had dropped the range rod completely after their sell-off earlier in the year. I have never seen one on retailers lists either. I remember a discussion that Lehigh might offer it after the Knight sell-off. Not sure Knight would even offer it since they buy is such limited quantities.

Grouse said:
sabotloader said:
Who cares if it is excess stock - the price is lower! and that is what really counts...

I agree if they kept them in stock, but they wont. There out of stock now except the 275grn Bloodline.

Here's the rangerod, its $104.99 not $109.99

https://www.knightrifles.com/product/ul ... range-rod/

Yes, I saw the RRod - but the price is over the top especially when you drop the Knight shipping charge on top of that.

When I did that workshop in Spokane they have a large variety of the Bloodlines on the shelf. They are sold out now and will not reorder until next year. So if you want less expensive Bloodlines get them early in the season. No store like to carry old stock over from one season to another.

Grouse said:
http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Knight-Rifles-Bloodline-.50-Caliber-Segmenting-Expansion-Muzzleloader-Bullets-20-Pack/productDetail/Bullets-and-Sabots/prod999901366962/cat100013

Im not a fan of those Lehigh bullets. I would wait for the copper bullets that are soon to come out. But those 250grn Bloodlines above in the link are proven bullets and that's a great price.

Grouse,

Just to clarify, do you prefer the Knight (Lehigh) Bloodlines to the current Lehigh 245 grain .452 CF bullets? Am I misunderstanding your preference? I have been following this thread closely. If so, would you recommend the 220 or 250 grain for whitetail?

Thanks,
P

phenix78_99 said:
Grouse,

Just to clarify, do you prefer the Knight (Lehigh) Bloodlines to the current Lehigh 245 grain .452 CF bullets? Am I misunderstanding your preference? I have been following this thread closely. If so, would you recommend the 220 or 250 grain for whitetail?

Thanks,
P

The 250grn Bloodline will eat up the 245 and spit it back out. I don't like the CF bullets at all. That's actually why or how the copper Lehigh ML bullet came about. All the CF bullets will be off the website soon hopefully. Now the new 265grn Lehigh copper bullet has been great so far and I would recommend it confidently. I just want lighter faster and they will be made soon I hope :wink: The 220 is great for Deer, and that would be my choice. But the 250 is great to. It killed 3 bull Elk for me.

So any idea how light they are going to make the copper .452's?

Grouse said:
The 265grn Copper ML bullets are now available for those that are interested.

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collection ... 8146206856

Grouse,

I am curious if there is any reason or advantage for copper in lieu of brass in this application. This bullet appears to be a copper Bloodline in design. Could it be that it was made from copper to avoid any licensing conflicts with the brass Bloodlines? Or, is copper better perhaps a better metal for monolithic bullets at lower velocities...I don't know. However, I am curious to hear your thoughts about why copper vs brass and if these are essentially copper Bloodlines.

Thanks,
P

phenix78_99 said:
Grouse said:

Grouse,

I am curious if there is any reason or advantage for copper in lieu of brass in this application. This bullet appears to be a copper Bloodline in design. Could it be that it was made from copper to avoid any licensing conflicts with the brass Bloodlines? Or, is copper better perhaps a better metal for monolithic bullets at lower velocities...I don't know. However, I am curious to hear your thoughts about why copper vs brass and if these are essentially copper Bloodlines.

Thanks,
P

In the normal situation the brass bullet is my preferred choice. Copper deforms to easily brass on the other hand is more dense and solid it does not deform the way a normal solid copper bullet can. Legally companies can not offer a brass bullet that could be shot from a pistol. Normal copper bullets will not pierce a bullet proof vest - but brass may.

With all of that said the new copper bullets from Lehigh are not the normal copper. It is much harder and approaches the durability of the brass bloodlines. I really believe it will match or possibly exceed the performance of the normal Lehigh brass bullet.

phenix78_99 said:
Grouse said:

Grouse,

Thanks,
P

Sabotloader is much better then me at technical answers.

There's two advantages that I know of with the Lehigh bullets versus the Bloodlines. The copper Lehigh bullet will shear the petals at lower velocities acccording to Lehigh. I have not tested that part yet. So some could say it would be better at long range, or better with lighter loads of powder. You could pick your choice there.

The second advantage is cost. The Lehigh Copper bullets are cheaper then Bloodlines and I'm always looking for equal or better quality and the price is right.

Im working with Lehigh on offering sabots as well, so you will have the option to buy with or without sabots and bulk pricing to. But sometimes things take longer then I like :wink:

Latest posts

Back