Leupold 3-9x40 VX-II

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielojones2002

Reaction score
Has anyone used a leupold 3-9x40 VX-II on a Magnum Muzzleloader? Ive been looking everywhere for a silver scope to put on my muzzleloader and so far all I found was the TC (Not enough power) and the Nikon Omega (To much eye relief). Its made for a rifile but would it handle the recoil of a magnum ML?

Sure I have and it is an EXCELLENT scope for a muzzleloader.....ANY muzzleloader!

I have two of them in the matte finish--they are excellent. All my scopes are Leupolds.

danielojones2002 said:
Has anyone used a leupold 3-9x40 VX-II on a Magnum Muzzleloader?
I've had one on an Omega for quite awhile now. I've used loads of up to 3 Triple Se7en pellets and 3 Pyrodex pellets with no problems whatsoever. It's a really nice scope, you'll like it!

Yeah...I sold my Omega with a SS one on it to my buddy. He shoots all kinds of full power loads through it. No problems. It's a great scope.

I have a VXII on a centerfire rifle that I built. This rifle is chambered for a wildcat cartridge that I designed . It is .416 caliber and has the same or more power as a 416 Rigby. The recoil on this rifle is way more than my Omega 50 which also wears a VXII. I've shot at least 500 rounds ( probably real close to 1000 actually but didn't keep good records ) of full power rounds through this rifle (the 416) with absolutely no ill effects on the scope , so in answer to your question I would say , no problem.

Back