Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
I purchased a new Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 for 349$ + 9$ shipping at auction on Ebay last Sunday. The scope was actually offered with the fixed buy now price and was brand new in box w/shrink wrap. The scope arrived as advertised on Thursday.

I would be interested in anyones thoughts or comments on their experience with this model...

JEFF

(What luck on the pic...set it down on the floor and this what I got... :) )
108_0897.jpg

I have two, one with a 50mm and one with a 40mm objective.

Both are excellent scopes, never had any problems them. Nice clear scopes.

Nice deal. :yeah:

I sold mine a few months back on Ebay that I had for 10 years and it brought $340 + shipping. Great scope with no service issues. I had used it on several different rifles and muzzleloaders again no problems. :wink:

I sold mine a few months back on Ebay that I had for 10 years and it brought $325 + shipping.

That is why I was I always purchase scopes on Ebay. I imagine I could use this scope for any length of time and then be able to resell it for 95+% of the purchase price..

The reality is these scopes are less expensive in the long run (compared to cheaper scopes) simply do to their extremely high resale values.

jcchartboy said:
I sold mine a few months back on Ebay that I had for 10 years and it brought $325 + shipping.

That is why I was I always purchase scopes on Ebay. I imagine I could use this scope for any length of time and then be able to resell it for 95+% of the purchase price..

The reality is these scopes are less expensive in the long run (compared to cheaper scopes) simply do to their extremely high resale values.

I think from my orginal purchase price it cost me about $4.50 per year to own this scope. :shock: Leupold resale is awesome. :wink:

My first Leupold, a VX-II 1-4x20 shotgun, actually made me 15$ after shipping, for a years ownership.... :D

Nice scope Jeff & great buy you made there!!! I have same scope on my 300 Win Mag. Has handled the pounding for a number of years now without a problem.

I would be interested in anyones thoughts or comments on their experience with this model...

I used that same model scope except with a German #4 reticle atop a 10ML-II to shoot a Texas auodad, Kentucky 11pt, and a 'Bama 9pt just last season! I'd say I like it just fine! 8) After the hog hunt it's going atop the ULA for the coming season. It's one of my favorite scopes!

Latest posts

Back