Limbsaver for Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokepole

Reaction score
I purchased and installed a limbsaver for a non-thumbhole laminate Omega and the fit is off by almost a 1/4 inch at the top and bottom. On my synthetic the fit is perfect. Has anyone experienced this problem?

The Limbsaver made for the Omega's are for synthetic stocks only. I don't believe I've seen one for sale that fits the laminated stocks.

I put a Limbsaver pad on my laminated Encore stock. I ordered the pad for the wood stock. It has about a 1/4" overhang at the bottom. It bugged the heck out of me at first, now two years later I don't even notice it.

IIRC Limbsaver no longer makes the pad for wood stocks. You can cut the insert off and sand it flat of the synthetic one to fit it. The pads are the same size.

I received it directly from Limbsaver. It is item number 10030, which is for a wood stocked Omega. My only question is why is the fit off so much. Can you grind the precision fit to match.

It's not. It fits the template but you should check to see if the template is the right size. The wood stocks can have some small variations.

And yes you can grind the precision fit (per limbsaver) but no more than 1/8th inch. IMO if your gonna grind it you should go with the grind to fit pads.

Latest posts

Back