Load help, please

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjspratley1

Reaction score
I have a Springfield hawken 50 cal 1 in 66 that I just started shooting this year, can't find balls anywhere and have no clue what size to order or what kind. I'm shooting 110 grains of 777 ffg and tc maxiballs hunter in 350 grain, they come pre lubed, it's grouping well at 45 yards but it's beating the crap out of me!! And after all the research I've been doing most guys are shooting alot less powder and different powder?? It is a cap lock and I'm using #11 Magnum caps?? I don't want to be unsafe or more importantly waste powder, any help or somewhere to start would be appreciated!
Thanks
Wayne

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....-diameter-177-grain-lead-round-ball-100-count

you can order round ball, a short starter, etc and these are good quality. Or most stores like Wal Mart, or other gun related Hunting stores carry the round ball on the shelf along with what ever else you might need.

To stay safe, keep your loads by volume 100 grains or less. 70-90 grains is the normal hunting load. 50 is a good target load. If your game is close even 50 grains will do the job. For years in my traditional rifles I hunted with 70 grains and it never failed to kill a deer.

cayuga said:
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....-diameter-177-grain-lead-round-ball-100-count

you can order round ball, a short starter, etc and these are good quality. Or most stores like Wal Mart, or other gun related Hunting stores carry the round ball on the shelf along with what ever else you might need.

To stay safe, keep your loads by volume 100 grains or less. 70-90 grains is the normal hunting load. 50 is a good target load. If your game is close even 50 grains will do the job. For years in my traditional rifles I hunted with 70 grains and it never failed to kill a deer.

You're sure dedicated. You answered the same thread twice. :D

Latest posts

Back