Lone Star Slug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetail

Reaction score
Any body ever heard of Lonestar Slug? I think made by or sold through Fort Worth Firearms. I have 20 .503 480gr never seen them before nothing comes up on any searches I have done.

Fort Worth Firearms was a Spin-Off of White. Same barrels, slightly different action. Good shooters, but pretty rare.

Those are more than likely a rebadged White Super Slug.

Can you post a pic?

Busta,
Thanks that is interesting had no idea thier was a spinoff of White.
Here is a couple of pics. comparing to the White bulets I have the nose is slightly differant

IMG-20120623-00111.jpg
[/img]

IMG-20120623-00110.jpg

[/img]
IMG-20120623-00107.jpg

Nope, likely not SS.

Have only seen the rifles, not the bullets.

Is that original packaging? Can you show a pic of the box?

Thanks for the pics.

Busta,
yes it is original packaging. Here is a pic of the package.

IMG-20120623-00106.jpg
[/img]

Thanks for the pic.

IIRC, the rifle model was the Rio Grande.

I'll try to see if I can locate a pic, but it might be lost.

This is the only information I have ever been able to get off the web, and I think it is very dated. I looked for a pic, but I think it is lost for good. I guess I should have saved a copy in one of my folders.

FORT WORTH FIREARMS

Address: 2006-B MLK FWY FORT WORTH, TX 76104-0718
Voice: 1-817-536-0718 Fax: 1-817-535-0290
Keywords:pASTUSEK IND, HANDGUNS, SHOTGUNS, RIFLES, RIO GRANDE BLACK POWDER, PROJECTILES,
Listing ID: 2236

Blue Book lists four models. Like Busta, the only one I have any knowledge of is the Rio Grande

PECOS RIFLE
- .50 cal. perc., 22 in. tapered round stainless steel barrel, adj. sights and trigger, trigger safety, checkered black composite stock with recoil pad, 6.5 lbs.

RIO GRANDE RIFLE
- .50 cal. perc., 22 or 24 in. tapered round stainless steel barrel, adj. sights and trigger, checkered black composite stock with recoil pad, 6.5 lbs.

BRAZOS
- .50 cal. perc., in-line ignition, 22 in. tapered round stainless steel barrel, adj. sights, checkered black composite stock with recoil pad, 6.5 lbs.

SABINE RIFLE
- .22 cal. perc., in-line ignition, 16.25 round blue barrel, safety, Monte Carlo walnut finish stock, 3.5 lbs.

20110701155231251.jpg

20110701155201446.jpg

UC, is that your rifle there? do I see correctly is that a bolt action?

Well this is sure interesting maybe I will keep the lead for historical value.

No, I think that might have been Sabot User's (whar da heck is Marvin!?). I dug those pics off the DWB site where I had posted them before. Don't remember where I swiped them from originally but it may have been an auction. ;)

No, it's a plunger action with both the safety and the pull cock on the right side of the rifle. The travel on the pull cock is also designed differently. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same as a White g-series.

Latest posts

Back