Looking to buy, any suggestions?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bow02hunter

Reaction score
I've been looking to buy a muzzleloader and was wondering if anybody could steer me in the right direction. I don't want to spend much more than $300. I know T/C is good, and I've also tried the NEF sidekick, very easy to load primer. Any others that are reliable at a decent price?

I looked at the NEF ones at cabelas and if I were going to get a break open I probably would have bought one. You can get one of the Rolling blocks from knight for under 300 as well. I think you can get one of the break open visions from knight for under 300 as well. I have always had good luck with both Knight and NEF but have not tried any of the 2 knights mentioned above. Both knight and nef use plastic boots to hold the primers which make them easy to handle when you are hunting in the cold and also creates a weather proof seal.

Unless you need a rifle quickley, you should shop the internet sites and gun forum's for a used ML. I have seen various T/C rilfes sell for $200.00 to $400.00 is the last 4 weeks.

Chocdog

That is a nice gun and a nice price. I should have never went to that site. Too much nice stuff. At least I talked myself out of a new rifle..

Nimrodder said:
http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=KRB607C

This what I'm going to get. They also have a SS version for under $300.

Dang you already have plans for that money dont you? I thought about a rolling block but really wanted a disc elite. Just out of curiosity why didnt you use the elite yourself?

Look around for Knights, used and new. I see the older models for $300 and less all the time. I just bought a Disc Elite for $230 brand new in the box. Also some stores have the T/C Omegas for $300 on sale quite often.

I bought the Knight Rolling Block in stainless for $301.62 delivered to my door. I also have an NEF Huntsman. Personally I think the Knight KRB is more rifle than the NEF. The Rolling Block does not use the plastic carriers for the 209 primer and also has the new domed breechplug that is giving a lot less blowback than standard breechplugs.

Back