M90. For you real DWB’s viewing pleasure

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have the m90 yet but it will be here next week and I had an idea . Since the nipple threads into the breechplug and it is a 1/4-28 , same as a tc I was thinking I could do like the black diamond and use the musket cap nipple or 209 from it and put them in the m90. Just a thought , guess I will know next week :). I plan on getting breech removed somehow and replaced with standard breechplug. But no hurry on that. Probably never shoot it anyway :)

fishhawk2700 said:
I have a S91 .451 with the spring loaded action pin, and the M70 safety. Very early serial no. 3**. Not sure of barrel maker.

I have two just like that, both .504 serial#s on both in the 600's

1874sharpsshooter said:
I don’t have the m90 yet but it will be here next week and I had an idea . Since the nipple threads into the breechplug and it is a 1/4-28 , same as a tc I was thinking I could do like the black diamond and use the musket cap nipple or 209 from it and put them in the m90. Just a thought , guess I will know next week :). I plan on getting breech removed somehow and replaced with standard breechplug. But no hurry on that. Probably never shoot it anyway :)

If it's got a 1/4 -28 female thread on it, you could take a grade 8, 1/4-28 bolt and red loctite it into it, then use an impact to break it loose. I would dump a bunch of kroil or wd-40 down the barrel over night before I tried though> I would try the steam cleaner first though, that sounds like a great idea, then the tig weld.

I just realized this is a four month old post. Did you get the gun? and get the nipple out?

sdporter said:
I just realized this is a four month old post. Did you get the gun? and get the nipple out?
I got it and decided to leave it as is . I can change the #11 nipple as needed since the plug is threaded for it so I ain’t gonna try to get the plug out .

the only bad thing with doing that is the longer its left in there and shot the harder it will get to get out.

1874sharpsshooter said:
sdporter said:
I got it and decided to leave it as is . I can change the #11 nipple as needed since the plug is threaded for it so I ain’t gonna try to get the plug out .

Try boiling a pot of water and pour it into a bucket and then insert the breech area inside the bucket for a few minutes. Hopefully, that will loosen things up? Oh yeah don't forget to use a pot holder or the likes so you don't burn your hands. Grin

dbowling said:
the only bad thing with doing that is the longer its left in there and shot the harder it will get to get out.

1874sharpsshooter said:
sdporter said:
It won’t get shot :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back