Magnetospeed V3

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it works fine, but it is not exactly the best tool for the job. You have to disconnect it between shots to swab or reload, then reattach. it has a system of shims that need to keep it at about 1/4" below the bore. It does get some muzzle splatter, and will need cleaning, but that does not seem to affect it. Its more aimed at a centerfire, and can do shot strings, measuring each shot as from a mag fed centerfire. The system has its pros and cons, it does work well, but its not really the right system for a ML with the removal and reset for each shot. I got mine after destroying several shoot through types, and pretty much before labradar made its debut. I kind of doubt, after using one, that I would choose to buy that system for ML use again.

With a LabRadar impossible to find, a magnetospeed V3 showed up late today. It took a few minutes to determine which shims worked the best but once you figure it out, its quick.
It mounts quickly once you learn it. Obviously I haven't shot over it yet but, will tomorrow. I don't believe I'll have to remove the bayo to reload. We'll see........

It worked fine :)

I'd planned on how I'd swab between rounds and load. It worked fine, no problems. Average 2173fps with the 350gr XLD and 120grs volume BH

Back