• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE Caldwell Chronographs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I have two (2) Caldwell chronographs that I no longer need in the photo below.

The one in the box is BRAND NEW and unopened.

The other one is one that I've had for awhile. I was not happy with the readings I was getting on my older unit. I contacted Caldwell and they just sent me a new unit (in the box). However, now that I'm thinking about it, I should have cut slots in the plexiglass shield to allow for more accurate readings. Oh well, I'm using a Magnetospeed V3 now.

THE PAIR............. $150 ...... SHIPPED.

As always............ if you purchase from me and are not IMMEDIATELY satisfied with what you purchased, send it back for a refund of the purchase price.

Caldwell chronograph.jpg

As always............ if you purchase from me and are not IMMEDIATELY satisfied with what you purchased, send it back for a refund of the purchase price.
i don't think i've ever seen anyone say that in a for sale section of any forum .
but in the year that i've been here you've always seemed like a stand up guy .

I have two (2) Caldwell chronographs that I no longer need in the photo below.

The one in the box is BRAND NEW and unopened.

The other one is one that I've had for awhile. I was not happy with the readings I was getting on my older unit. I contacted Caldwell and they just sent me a new unit (in the box). However, now that I'm thinking about it, I should have cut slots in the plexiglass shield to allow for more accurate readings. Oh well, I'm using a Magnetospeed V3 now.

THE PAIR............. $150 ...... SHIPPED.

View attachment 34609
Wow offering a refund that's some stand up stuff right there

1874Sharpsshooter, said the same thing to me privately if I wasn’t satisfied with the 54 TC Renegade I bought from him. Guys like them is what makes Modern Muzzleloading forum a great site. We have a bunch of stand up guys here. I do something similar when guys buy my 45 Conicals. I tell them do not send me the money until they receive the bullets. I’ve to get burnt and I’ve be doing it this way for years with guys on this forum. I guess us Muzzleloading Nuts are a bunch of trust worthy guys! 😁

Last edited:
1874Sharpsshooter, said the same thing to me privately if I wasn’t satisfied with the 54 TC Renegade I bought from him. Guys like them is what makes Modern Muzzleloading forum a great site. We have a bunch of stand up guys here. I do something similar when guys buy my 45 Conicals. I tell them do not send me the money until they receive the bullets. I’ve to get burnt and I’ve be doing it this way for years with guys on this forum. I guess us Muzzleloading Nuts are a bunch of trust worthy guys! 😁
I would like to believe that also. But that has not always been the case for me. I have bought off this site and others who have not been so forthcoming about different problems with their objects they are selling. Upsets me, but buy once and never again from these sleezy sellers. On another brighter note, a big thank you To you guys that are honest in the description of the condition of the product you are selling..Mr.Chet and you get a really big THANK YOU…

Encore, I'm interested in the slots in the shield. I just purchased the same Chrono and have my doubts about it's accuracy.

What's the scoop on the slots?

Encore, I'm interested in the slots in the shield. I just purchased the same Chrono and have my doubts about it's accuracy.

What's the scoop on the slots?
When I purchased the first unit, I was still shooting sabots. Knowing my luck, I bought the plexiglass, heated it and formed the shields for the display. However, realizing it now, I should have cut slots for the sensors in the unit. It was trying to read through the plexiglass and I never realized it. In the beginning it worked fine but slowly started to give me readings I knew weren't right. I know light really makes a difference with these sensors, so as the plexiglass aged and got dirty, I have a feeling, NOT POSITIVE, but had I cut slots for the sensors I'd have been much better off.

Heading to the new owner via UPS today ;)

Looks great! I may try it with my bow and a pellet gun today. I will slot the shields you made for sabots before i try them out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Looks great! I may try it with my bow and a pellet gun today. I will slot the shields you made for sabots before i try them out.
I think that will help with the old unit. Tape is still in position on the new one in the box.
I shot a couple rounds today starting at 200 with a couple rounds, then sent 2 at 500 and the same at 600yds.
I'd have sent more, but there was an old boy there shooting also that REALLY like to talk. I took photos of the targets with my cell and sent them here to the computer. Verizon is SLOW today LOL

Let me know.................

I think that will help with the old unit. Tape is still in position on the new one in the box.
I shot a couple rounds today starting at 200 with a couple rounds, then sent 2 at 500 and the same at 600yds.
I'd have sent more, but there was an old boy there shooting also that REALLY like to talk. I took photos of the targets with my cell and sent them here to the computer. Verizon is SLOW today LOL

Let me know.................
Got some slots cut, not perfect but functional.
image.jpg

Back