Making a BIG Cat Jump

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
My Dad hunted Hound Dogs all of my Younger life, and long before i was Born. This is kind of a neat, yet deceiving Pic. This is a Lifelong family friend that hunted with my Dad all through the years. They had Treed this Big Tom Cougar with their Dogs, On this hunt They had a couple of young inexperienced dogs (pups) Jody climbed a Tree beside the Cougar to Try and make it Jump so they could Run him again with the Pups for the added experience. The Deceiving part here is Jody was actually WAY up this Tree, My Dad had a Telephoto lens on his old 35MM Camera here and was Zoomed all the way in. This worked like a Charm :D they were able to Run him again. Kind of a neat Pic! You can see this Big Tom Cat wasn’t none to thrilled about Jody being up there with him LOL! I have 2 Old picture albums full of these Days

pALnlJT.jpg

Cougars were no challenge for Decent dogs, in fact my dad hated messing with them, and rarely Ran them with his Dogs. Dad always said you could tree EVERY Cougar in the Country with a Poodle as long as it would Run and Bark, he had a little Jack Russel terrier that Rode in the Front Seat with him, That Little tiny 10 Pound Dog Treed a TON of Cats, And she could Stay right with the Big dogs, and MANY times she Out Ran the Big Dogs! Cougars are EXTREME “Sprinters” They Burst Run for several hundred Yards and Climb a Tree, They don’t have the Lung Capacity to Keep it up. A Bobcat on the other hand takes REALLY Good Hounds, They can Run over Several Mountain Ranges. My Dad loved to Hunt Bobcats in the Winter months.

Back