MDM BlackMag3 Thundercharge

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson

Reaction score
The thunderchargesare now available through phone orders but they are pricey at 20 bucks for 5 rounds. Interested if anyone has tried these yet. Also does anyone know of any stores still carrying the loose BM3?

Thanks

I spent months looking for some loose BM3 and finally got some at Jays Sporting Goods in Clare, Michigan. I bought the only two pounds they had left. MDM has emailed me a couple of times and indicated that they would email us if the BM3 became available again. They said that all they had was being consumed by the thundercharge manufacturing. Don't give up the hunt, the stuff is awesome. I've seen mixed reviews on this site but have never experienced anything but positive outcomes with it. It has none of the negatives of the other powders, crud, corrosion, and has proved accurate in all of my muzzleloaders.

I for one just love the BM3 powder,it shot just great in my T/C Hawkens,in fact it work better than any powder i have ever use.But i am afraid this Thundercharge mess is going to screw us up as far as being able to get it when we want it.

at 20 bucks for 5 shots I couldn't afford to even sight in with a thundercharge. It sounds like it will be at least a year before we can buy loose powder again. Sure wish I could find some more because I am out.

I bought 6 pounds that I split with...

another guy on here. I've got three pounds that I just bought, plus one pound I found from another guy selling his stuff. Then I still have 1/4 of a pound left from the two pounds I bought 4 years ago. With the 4 pounds that I have it should last me at least 10 years.

Paul

at 20 bucks for 5 shots ,it won't take long before the loose powder is available again. :D Ron

Back