Michigan Deer Season, 2022

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we who went hunting yesterday and didn't kill any deer are getting some razzing from the folks that stayed home and watched TV. But I had a great time and would and will do it again in any crappy weather. After I get soaked and cold the coffee will taste so much better as I clean my gun.
Strange,... I also use my warden's coffee to clean my guns. I find deer prefer the smell of a good french roast vs Sweets

From 12 years old til we’ll into my 40s, I hunted in all of that crap. Highwind, rain, thunderstorms, (lightning struck close enough once that my hair stood up, and actually sizzled) blizzards, subzero, sometimes a mix of all of them in one day. I put my time in enduring those hunts I rarely saw or killed anything.
Now that I have been diagnosed as immuno suppressed, I strive even more to stay out of that crap. Anybody that wants to hunt in that stuff more power to you

Greg

When I was a young guy, working all week and only had Saturday to hunt, the weather was not an option for me. Rain, wind, snow, heat, didn't matter.
I went. I'm more picky now than I'm an old guy, Lol.

Yeah we who went hunting yesterday and didn't kill any deer are getting some razzing from the folks that stayed home and watched TV. But I had a great time and would and will do it again in any crappy weather. After I get soaked and cold the coffee will taste so much better as I clean my gun.
I always compare deer hunting with muskie fishing. You need to put your hours in before you score. I sat for hours in 20's F. degree weather this morning to login a few hard hours.

One foul weather I'll hunt is a rainy day. Perhaps the deer know most hunters don't walk-about in the rain.
They don’t smell you as easily and don’t hear you as well because of the sound of rain drops hitting the leaves .

Back