Most accurate bullet/sabot combo?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my BP XPress is 9.5# with the Leupold VX6. I've learned a lot in the last few months after this purchase.

I would much rather shoot Barnes, but the 290's with the old trigger didn't group well. The 50 BE 300gr bullets I shot, did well out to 300yds, then started to open up but, again this was with that XMark Pro trigger. I tried the PT 300gr bullets and may have well shot a rock. The 100 SST 300gr bullets I got from Luke did some funny things. My best groups yet to date, is still with the WM bullet Ken sells. Don't ask me why the SST won't group, but they shoot different than the WM. My last range session gave me 1.650" groups at 300yds with the WM, then shot the SST and it opened up and shot right. Reversed the sequence and had identical results.

I like the barnes bullets I shoot them in my bp express too for deer and I also shoot them in my bad bull muzzleloader. I shoot the parker balistic extremes only because I get better accuracy sub moa out of the remington and the savage muzzleloader. The remington I have has the bell and bell and carson stock and I know alot of people holler oh weight. True on guided hunts it is a little heavy but you also thank that weight with a black powder sub. Pushing 2500+ with a 300 grain bullet. I got 2578fps out of my remington. I get only 2236 fps out my bp express with same loads 300 grain bullet. And my savage 2600 smokeless and my bad bull smokeless hits the cake 2679 at best with smokeless powder and 300 grain parkers and they fly well.Im a black powder nut. I know the scope was a little heavy but it does help . But I also have bipod and scope level and base level for that accurate long shot. Granted most deer and 60 percent of my deer and elk and bear are 200 and under. But when big freak Nasty steps out wanna give him some major hits at 300 ,400, 500, and beyond. I can deal with weight issues still alot of shooting to be done and see how it all goes im gonna continue to do lots of data and research to make it better. Then make a Video of all the stuff I have found works and dont work currently they are finding me the laminated wood to try that as well we will see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back