Most desirable white

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cball

Reaction score
New to site and just curious what do most consider to be the most sought after white muzzleloader or typically the most expensive and why.

For me it’s a toss up between my 45 cal M97 or M98. I like the shorter M97, but I also love the look and feel of my M98 with the Super Safari stock.

Not to sound too ignorant but what is the main difference between the m98 and s91. I’ve looked at docs sight quite a bit but still not totally sure on the differences between some model. I

M98 has the Criterion barrels, (others?) no under rib on the barrel, delrin trigger guard and thimbles, aluminum ramrod. All M98s I've seen have laminate stocks, Tru Glo sights. M98 guys can add to the list.

S91s have mostly Wilson barrels with a bunch of mfgs sprinkled in. Laminate and composite stocks, barrel under rib, delrin ramrods, steel thimbles, SS and blued, Williams sights, mostly Bold triggers

Like I've said before a lot of cross over parts. Your S91/M98 may vary.

My Super 91!! I have never had a gun I really enjoy so much! What a great muzzleloader, simple and so accurate! The.451 is a deer killing caliber! .504 is right there also.

Last edited:
If you want a great shooter that doesn't carry like anchor Whitelighting.

Agreed! The Lightnings may be towards the bottom of the White desirable list but I sure love mine. Handles amazing and is super accurate with Conicals. I had a S91 for a bit and never really liked it. Couldn’t warm up to that under rib.

Mine was my thunderbolt before getting it .
A grand alaskan would be my next

Last edited:
My favorite is the Super 91 in .451, specifically my Super Safari. It does take a little more time to break it down and clean but I kind of enjoy the process. The Ultra Mag is another great rifle and the favorite of many.

Not even sure it was made but a 410 bison would be nice

Latest posts

Back