Muzzleloading made easy here

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamen

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I took my Triumph out for the first time and using this site recommended load of 110gr BlackHorn, 250 SSTs and Harvester Short Black Sabots I was able to shoot a 3/4" group at 100 yards which is great for me. During that session my scope went south so I went and purchased a new scope. Put a Burris 3x9 with the Ballistic recticle on. I headed out this weekend to sight in once again and had my son along who recently purchased a Triumph after seeing how well the rifle shot. We both shot the same suggested load and both were able to shot sub MOA at 100 yards.
Compare this to another shooter at the range that day who was also shooting a Triumph. Ken did not have much good to say about the rifle except it was easier to clean than his Knight. Plus a friend of Ken's was shooting an Omega and he chose the Omega due to Ken not being able to get his Triumph to group. Both these guys were shooting 777 pellets with 250 SSTs.
Once these guys saw the groups we were shooting, they had a little more faith in the rifle. As muzzleloading season opened in Saskatchewan today, they will shoot their current load this season then change to BH and the Harvester sabots next year.
Two other guys were shooting the Savage ML. Looking at their 100 yard targets, I was sure if they were getting any kind of a group. They took a few shots at a 200 yard target and neither hit the 14x14 target. It was quite breezie so they thought wind drift caused the problem.
Ken and I were quite interested if there was that much wind drift with a ML so we put up a big piece of wrapping paper at 200 yards with a piece of black tape in the middle. I had two shots left so let them both fly. First shot was on the tape and the second shot approx 1/2" low and 2" to the right.
Like I said earlier, this site sure makes shooting muzzleloaders easy.

Ben

It's nice when a rifle tunes in that fast. It sounds like you sure have a good hunting load and a great rifle. Good luck with the hunt this year..

shootin

It is always fun to go to a range w/ the inline and make smoke next to a CF or even the black guns.When you start telling them the fps and showing them (and I am not as good a shooter like some of you on here) the targets at 100 yards they seem amazed at what these can do. If i hadn't found thids site i would have been a 3-4 day ML shooter using Maomart ammo. The people here have made it fun and interesting to shoot. You don't have to spend a ton (LOL) on stuff. powder, bullet, powder measure, a ram rod and your shooting! So to all the serious shooters, technicians and wise acres (no names mentioned UC,Semi or Critter) on here THANKS!

Benamen,

We do expect pictures to be posted of your Canadian monsters.

Chocdog

It is truly amazing how many of the Triumphs will shoot with that load.
Have a good hunt and good luck. Lee

Latest posts

Back