• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE Muzzy collection

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Increase your muzzy collection with a heck of a deal .

This list is not updated, it is couple years old . But fairly close. I will go through them sometime soon and update it. But basically between 60 to 75 muzzys. Mostly Knights , whites and pedersoli's. but a few odd balls here and there . Most never fired or only fired a few times .
Just looking to see if there is any interest .

Have tons and tons of bullets to throw in. As well as a dozen or so extra stocks and spare parts .

Thinking any reasonable offer over 30k .

Pickup ( south Dakota) would probably be essential as I don't really want to try and ship that much.
Direct email is [email protected]
Thought to PM (private mail) you, but there are certainly others on this Forum, now or later, who would benefit from some advice about selling a collection, and shipping:
1) Selling one by one will get the better functioning ones, and rarer ones, sold rather quickly.
2)"Customer pays shipping" is the norm. But that still leave you or someone having to pack and ship.
3) 3 days inspection period by buyer is also a common norm.
5) Use thin plywood for the box, not cardboard, unless you pack the inside very tight and thoroughly, including the ends, and preferably add a fitted top and bottom piece of thin plywood such as floor sheathing. Many guns have been broken in shipment, especially at the wrist, and it will come back to you, rejected ,and be your problem.
7) Watch out for State Laws about selling or shipping muzzleloaders, for example, Oregon's.
8) You can ship muzzleloaders through the U.S. Post Office. If you run into any problem shipping there, contact your regional USPS Superviser. Some anti-gun P.O. Managers try to make their own rules -- it happened to me. This is illegal, and the Supervisor will set them straight.
9) First, get somebody to type our your whole list, in large easily readable letters, and include every detail you can. Use common abbreviations if you like, but write out the words in parentheses too. If you don't know the date, estimate. If you can furnish serial numbers or other identification, and are willing to, it makes far less difference in today's gun world than providing de facto Registration by listing the serial number of modern guns.
10) I sure hate to mention this in the face of multiple Forum people who would like first dibs on buying your guns. But we all get one day older every day, and life is finite, so it's wise to list at Gunbroker.com GunsInternational.com to sell individual guns. I'd avoid CraigsList or the like - you're too likely to get scammed, or even robbed it seems.
11) If you sell all at once, poof the problems are gone for you. How best to do that?: (again, apologies to all!) if you want to sell your whole collection, contact large Auction Houses (or even smaller ones like Riata Pass Galleries here in central Arizona) that often sell gun collections or valuable individual guns, and likely they will come to you and look at your list of particulars and also the guns themselves, and make you an offer -- then, if accepted, they will take them all away. Google up the names of such Houses, and then perhaps call them to see if they deal in muzzleloader collections, since you have far more than most people, and some fine and rare ones.
12) Perhaps put a print ad in Muzzleblasts magazine, or wherever there is significant better attention to inlines. Muzzleblasts (the magazine of the NMLRA) is now inline-friendly as far as its growing matches and its Editor.
Hope this helps. I used to engrave guns, so I know about shipping, and have frequently looked at the gun listings at the large auction houses, especially when I get a heads-up from a friend.
Aloha, Ka'imiloa

This list is not updated, it is couple years old . But fairly close. I will go through them sometime soon and update it. But basically between 60 to 75 muzzys. Mostly Knights , whites and pedersoli's. but a few odd balls here and there . Most never fired or only fired a few times .

Have tons and tons of bullets to throw in. As well as a dozen or so extra stocks and spare parts .

Pickup ( south Dakota) would probably be essential as I don't really want to try and ship that much.
Sharpshooter, please take a look at the info on the Auction Houses to talk to I just posted on this thread to "K" (Kalalau), a new member. Also the P.S. to that message. Should be at the lower part of pg. 3.
Aloha, Ka'imiloa

Sharpshooter, please take a look at the info on the Auction Houses to talk to I just posted on this thread to "K" (Kalalau), a new member. Also the P.S. to that message. Should be at the lower part of pg. 3.
Aloha, Ka'imiloa
Thanks.
right now considering just posting 1 or 2 For sale. Just need to decide which ones.

Last edited:

Don't know if you have any of the pedersolis left but I'm interested thanks

Latest posts

Back