Muzzy hunt for deer in ohio.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone help me out with some place in Ohio to deer hunt in the 4 day muzzleloader season. Would bring camper and be self sufficient. Want to get away from any crowds and have a little peace and quiet. Thank you for any help. Shorty

It sounds like you are looking for public assess type land? I’d do a deep dive into some maps, mostly State or Federal forest type land. I’ve done a lot of long distance scouting, maps, Google earth, OnX Hunt app, whatever. You can use Google maps to find an open campground nearby, or just look at the rules to stay on the State or Federal land.

If it’s only a muzzle-loader hunt, maybe a fair bit less busy than a modern firearm season. Once you get an area you’re interested in, find that nook away from others. If planning to repeat, you will learn more each time.

Attachments

• IMG_1297.png
    IMG_1297.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Look into the Vinton county area. There's a lot of access to public lands. Vinton forest, Zaleski state forest and the Wayne National are some areas that you can look into. You could park your camper at Lake Alma and be within an hours drive to any of the places I mentioned. Good luck with your hunt!

Might want to take a 4 wheeler, lots of area to cover. Lots of trails.
Use to hunt that area, its a lot to try to walk.
Great area to hunt, try to find a map of the area.

This guy emails a list of leases that he has available. There are some smaller ones that are sometimes cheaper than paying an outfitter. I just did a lease from him. 147 Acres for all gun and muzzleloader in Ohio. If I split it with a buddy, it's about the most inexpensive way to hunt out of state on private land with no outfitter.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back