muzzy photos

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wood is what Lyman calls Ultra Grain, not exhibition walnut as one might think, but it does look great. Semi can probably tell you a lot more about the way it's made and the durability of the finish. I LIKE it!

Just got this one. It replaced my CVA Staghorn, - absolutely no comparison!!!! No blood on it yet. Original Knight Disc topped with a fixed 6x Redfield LoPro.

100_1017.jpg

It routinely does this with a 300 gr XTP, 90 Gr ffg T7

100_1019.jpg

I anticipate a great season!

TC Encore
TCENCORE.jpg

Buck and doe killed with the Encore

AlabamaBuckWMuzzleloader.jpg

AlabamaBuck-1.jpg

DoewithMuzzleloader.jpg

Investarms 45 cal percussion

ML8.jpg

ML12.jpg

lyman deerstalker 50 cal flinlock Left Handed

lyman3.jpg

lyman4.jpg

CVA Kodiak Pro Magnum 45 cal

cva.jpg

Thats it
FOR NOW :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That wood is what Lyman calls Ultra Grain, not exhibition walnut as one might think, but it does look great. Semi can probably tell you a lot more about the way it's made and the durability of the finish. I LIKE it!

UC is right. It's not high grade walnut, but Lyman's "Ultra Grain" finish applied over what appears to be straight grain beech, which you can see when you remove the recoil pad. I suspect it's applied with some sort of dipping process in the same way camo finishes are applied. Most people who hold the gun never realize it's not walnut.

It seems to be a very durable finish. I've had the gun since May `07 and have something over 600 rounds through it. It's been carried through the woods and used in deer stands for a dozen hunts or so and hasn't scratched or chipped yet.

Hey Simisane!

I have handeled those guns and liked them, How does it shoot and how is the recoil? It seemed light? Trigger pull?
Wayles

Some game taken over the years....

caronyahhoghunt%20020.jpg

Hog shot in Tennessess. Gun: Knight T/H Disc Extreme .50

wyhunt%20021.jpg

Pronghorn in Wyoming. Gun: Knight Disc Elite .50

pmthappics%20050.jpg

Coyote in Alabama. Gun: NEF Sidekick .50

2006huntingpics%20125.jpg

Auodad in Texas. Gun: Savage 10ML-II(still have this gun! :lol: )

100_0319.JPG

Kentucky whitetail. Gun: Knight Long Range Hunter..

I have handled those guns and liked them, How does it shoot and how is the recoil? It seemed light? Trigger pull?
Wayles

Hey Wayles. The gun is 7.5 lbs. without the scope. It's a real pussycat to shoot, which I attribute in great part to the Pahmayr Decelerator Recoil Pad that comes on it. I've shot 250 grain bullets with 150 grains Pyrodex RS, and 410 grain bullets with 120 grains and wasn't bothered at all (although I'm not really recoil shy). It's no target rifle, but I have several loads that will consistently get me into the inch and a half range for five shots at 100 yards - about all you need in a hunting rifle.

The trigger was pretty crappy out of the box. It was almost like a two stage trigger, with a long stiff gritty feeling travel, then a stop, then a clean light break. I had to work it over a little to get it to my liking. Lyman doesn't tell you this in the manual, but there's an adjustment screw that you can play with, but you need to take the trigger group out of the receiver to get to it.

Overall, I like the gun. It's the only in-line I own. All of my other guns are sidelocks (Renegade, New Englander, Zouave, GP flintlock).

Hey Chuck, -Kentucky whitetail. Gun: Knight Long Range Hunter.. ----
Is this the same Knight LRH that I bought from you? If so,do you happen to remember what load you were using at the time? --- Rich

rlp10ml said:
Hey Chuck, -Kentucky whitetail. Gun: Knight Long Range Hunter.. ----
Is this the same Knight LRH that I bought from you? If so,do you happen to remember what load you were using at the time? --- Rich

Sure IS! 2 Triple Se7en Magnum pellets and a 250gr Ballistic Extreme I'm pretty sure!

Here's a bunch of my sidekick pics from this year, Jan 08 to present. I'm just starting out, haven't killed anything yet with it, missed an offhand shot out of a summit sabre climbing stand before I had a scope :evil:

008.jpg

DCFC0001.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

002.jpg

Back