My NULA Ramrod "Solution"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scienceguy

Reaction score
There has been some talk about Melvin's concerns about rifling/muzzle crown wear when using a ramrod other than the rubbery one he supplies. I'm sure lots of you experienced shooters know this, but I added a J. Dewey Delrin Muzzle Guide to my range rod. The guide was drilled for a 5/16ths rod, so I had to hand drill mine out slightly to fit my 3/8ths diameter rod. Now when I load at the bench, I just the slide the guide down into the muzzle with no worries about crown damage. I don't use this rod in the field, but I don't load that often in the field either. I just take a little extra care when not using the range rod. I've included a photo below of my rod with guide and spinjag.

NULAramrod.jpg

Where did you get that guide? I have been looking for one like that for some time now with no luck.

Thanks DC

You can order direct here:http://www.deweyrods.com/cgi-bin/ccp5/cp-app.cgi?usr=DEWEY60792&pg=prod&ref=BP_ACC&cat=BORE_SAVER&catstr=HOME:BORE_SAVER

Copy and paste that address...

I'd bet you might find it cheaper by doing a J. Dewey search. I got mine at a local gun show for 5 bucks if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Back