My Remington 1100 shot-pattern...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hanshi there is a difference between "auto" and "semi-auto". The Dems have a bad habit of miss-representing the term. That being said....a 20ga. semi-auto would be a good home self defense firearm and also a good hunting firearm for small game and fowl(grouse, ptarmigan, etc. Also herds of open range wild chickens 🤔 🤔

I know the difference and should have typed "loading" after "auto". And it was indeed a semi-auto gun.

I get disgusted when I see press reports misusing firearm terms. People are too lazy to do their due diligence and learn to use the terms properly.
The proper term for this firearm is UBR (ugly black rifle) or sporting rifle or Swiss Army rifle:
20all-in-one-gun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The proper term for this firearm is UBR (ugly black rifle) or sporting rifle or Swiss Army rifle:
One night a gentleman brings in a MAS Modèle 36 (French WWII Rifle) into the Gun Library at Cabelas. I knew it was WWII and French, not my cup of tea. The guy I'm working with "Big John" he would make RonC look little. This gentleman starts telling us about this gun his father brought back from the War. He goes on for 10 minutes about this (according to him) wonderful war rifle.

There's five or six people in the library listening to this guy brag about this old club.

MAS_Modèle.jpg
"Big John" looks at me and says "French, shot once and dropped" then the frog ran ..... :rolleyes:...😁...😛...:coffee:

There's

Although they were sometimes hard-to-find off the shelf, 5's are a good turkey shot. I usually had to re-load turkey 5's myself.
#5's in a 3" mag are my preferred turkey load too. I simply get a better pattern with them then #4's.

I find the PC crap with firearms annoying at best.
Around here 90% of people call a magazine a clip. We all know exactly what someone means when they say it too. We are all also well aware of its "proper" name.
I knew exactly what Hanshi meant when he said he had an "auto".
It's slang, same as everyone calling a creek a crick around here. Just like a vehicle is a "rig", and a glove box is a "jockey box".

I find the PC crap with firearms annoying at best.
Around here 90% of people call a magazine a clip. We all know exactly what someone means when they say it too. We are all also well aware of its "proper" name.
I knew exactly what Hanshi meant when he said he had an "auto".
It's slang, same as everyone calling a creek a crick around here. Just like a vehicle is a "rig", and a glove box is a "jockey box".

If your unhappy where you live ..... Move :coffee:...o_O

One night a gentleman brings in a MAS Modèle 36 (French WWII Rifle) into the Gun Library at Cabelas. I knew it was WWII and French, not my cup of tea. The guy I'm working with "Big John" he would make RonC look little. This gentleman starts telling us about this gun his father brought back from the War. He goes on for 10 minutes about this (according to him) wonderful war rifle.

There's five or six people in the library listening to this guy brag about this old club.

"Big John" looks at me and says "French, shot once and dropped" then the frog ran ..... :rolleyes:...😁...😛...:coffee:

There's
Funny...but true!!

Latest posts

Back