Need Help choosing an inline.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff3374

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new to this site and also to inline muzzleloading. I've narrowed my choices down to the Knight KRB and the KP1. From what I've read there seems to be a lot of talk about how hard/easy it is to clean an inline. I don't mind spending the extra money for the KP1 but if it's not as good as the KRB then I really don't need it. Is the KRB a better muzzleloader than the KP1 in regards to the cleaning and the accuracy? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jeff

I my self have not seen a KP1 or handled one But I do have a KRB7
SS / Black and I will tell you that it is a great shooter and the easyest gun that I have to clean if you look back threw the treads wou will see my range report and some Pic of a target that was shot With Conicals it will shoot clover leaves & also with sabots I bought this gun to be a Conical gun , I shoot the Bull Shop NEX 460gr & the UC Shorts 443gr over 85gr of 2fg loose 777 With a WIN T7 primer.

Also I think Underclocked gave a Range report on the KP1 you mite want to look it up also.

Lungbuster,
Thanks for responding, Yeah I've read the reviews of both guns but I was hoping to hear from someone who could tell me the difference between the two muzzleloaders. The person who reviewed the KP1 said it is difficult to clean but difficult to one person may seem easy to the next. I guess I would like to hear from someone who has shot both and then tell me the differences between them. Is one easier to clean than the other, is one more accurate than the other, is one more waterproof than the other, does one have more blowback than the other? Thanks for the help, I've really learned a lot in the short time I've been lurking on here you guys have a nice site.

Jeff

I have the KRB7 in SS/camo. It's an excellent gun. Very accurate, even with conicals which is a must for Colorado hunters like myself. Downsides would be a little trigger creep and a little longer cleaning ritual, niether of which bother me in the least. I love that Green Mountain barrel. Much better than my TC Omega for conicals.

Both these guns are new, especially the KP1. It may ba a little early for someone to have both guns and used them enough to make an informed comparison. Kerry

Jeff... first off let me welcome you to the forum. I do not own either of the rifles you mention. I have read posts from forum members that own the rolling block and so far all their posts sound real impressive. As for the KP-1 Underclocked has one I believe. I have not seen too many range reports from him, but you might want to search his name and see if there are not some posts on the rifle.

As for which is better, that will be a matter of preference. I have been watching the rolling block. There have been mentions of a comb problem for some of the members, but other then that they are really happy with the rifle.

Latest posts

Back