NEF Sidekick Shooters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman72

Reaction score
I've had my Sidekick for almost 3 years and like it alot. I use 240 grn. XTP's with (2) 777 pellets. The only drawback is loading the bullet/sabot. On a scale from 1-10 and 10 being difficult, it's an 8-9 getting the load started and then pushing down the barrel. I don't want to crush the pellets when getting to the end. Is this normal? I'm not expecting the sabot to "slide" down, but for me, it requires a really good push to start and continue to the bottom. Would a SMALL application of Bore-Butter/lube around the green Sabot help?

Thanks,

Mark-MI

The BB may help. Your going to have to try it and see casue everyones gun is different. The crushrib sabots are a good suggestion too if you don't want to mess with the BB.

MMP sells different sabots for the 50 cal. some are for tight bore guns. They have an ad at the top of page with a phone number, give them a call and they may be able to set you in the right direction.
I also some times roll the sabot on my tongue to wet it just a little to get them to slide down easy. :lol: Sabot loader taught me that trick.

:D Al

Latest posts

Back