neodymium magnet apertures for rear iron sights

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfd

Reaction score
Old eyes like mine can all too easily have issues with iron "U" and buckhorn style rear barrel sights. Been thinking on this for awhile and come up with an easy, fast and non-invasive solution that has been working really well for me. I use powerful neodymium (rare earth) ring magnets magnetically stuck to rear iron sights. Once stuck they won't budge unless some goodly force is applied. They can be moved up/down and left/right as the rear sight allows. Just look through the magnet "peep" and it'll automatically center the tip of yer fron sight perfectly, every time. These little ring magnets are less than a buck each and I get mine in different outside and inside diameters from kjmagnetics online.

dDao69c.jpg

GggHhDw.jpg

jt7xZjm.jpg

Zhz5Jka.jpg

Rs6lg9K.jpg

jYsqwoH.jpg

WZnf8Gi.jpg

This is a very cool ghost ring solution that will allow for faster aquisition of the front sight. Maybe I'll get one and try it out on my existing rear sight. Wouldn't it be great if at the end of the day this became a ghost ring that could be adjusted for windage and elevation using my current setup. Thanks. :yeah:

Btw, I cjecked a bit and all I saw were the solid roud magnets. Can you let me know where you sourced the ones with varying diameter holes? Thanks.

Back