never noticed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still waiting for them to come out with a laminated stock on a Triumph. Lee

If they are giving them away, I'd take any of them. If I had to buy one, it would be a new Triumph but I don't like their stocks right now. I am sure they will come out with something down the road.

What don't you care for on the triumph stocks? The stock on my triumph has checkering on the pistol grip. I saw one at a dealer the other day and it didn't have that feature. Can't figure out why they changed that.

The Triumph that was demonstrated to me and I was allowed to handle at the sporting good store just did not click with me. Granted the quick release breech plug was nice. A very good feature. And the larger trigger guard was a plus. What got my attention was the shape of the forearm of the stock. When I handled it, it just did not feel comfortable. I am sure I would get used to it in no time, but my first impression when I was trying to talk myself out of the thing, was the stock.

I really can not explain why they stock bothered me. Maybe the way it was shaped, changed my grip. And my mind automatically locked into that fact that it felt different. Like I said, I could get used to it. Now the Omega X7 I handled there was VERY NICE. I liked that a lot. And the peep sight was cool. I like the Omega as well.

The shop owner shoots a thumb hole model Omega with a peep and the accuracy he can do with that Omega is amazing. Of course he is a competition peep sight bench rest shooter. So the rifle is right up his alley.

Redeye171
I like a wood stock, and prefer a laminated one balance can be gotten on one of these tupperware stocks by using some lead and JBwelding it in the right places since I am over 6' tall I also add to the lenght of the trigger pull. Lee

cva/winchester have pretty much ditched the hollow stocks. All of the newer models are solid from the grip on back. The x-150 and apex i had, you could grab the stock by the front and rear, pull it over your knee and if you could get it to flex, you're pretty strong.

Most people complain about the heavier stock but i dont have a problem with the added weight.

Back