New guy from Twin Cities Minnesota

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toggy

Reaction score
I've been on the forums here a lot in the last month. What a great resource.

I got my inline CVA in 2019 and my son and I have been doing well with it.

I am definitely interested in connecting with other hunters in the metro here. Maybe even have some shoots out in the woods.

Thanks yall for the advice and guidance. I have one more day to hunt this Sunday.

Tom

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan. There’s a few of us on here.

Have a .54 cal Hawken made by builder and artist Micheal Hayes of Park Rapids, Mn for Track of the Wolf parts around 1980, for sale.

Welcome! I’m in the Twin Cities, too.
And I’m a FNG, too!
But I’m working this weekend, so no more deer hunting for me, except with the bow.

Ah yeah. I just had a quiet evening in the woods. I might yet get out with the bow.

I had a custom built 2 years ago. I've had some issues with misfires. First I thought it a gun issue. Now I'm thinking weather. Very cold Temps might be the issue? I just read the bullet if slightly loose can be a problem in cold Temps. I also have an ml 2 savage, and never had an issue. But I suppose the sabot has helped in cold Temps with the savage. So much to know and understand, I was looking for a local guy to take a look . The guy who built it for me lives in Pennsylvania and really has no answers or ideas on my issues

I had a custom built 2 years ago. I've had some issues with misfires. First I thought it a gun issue. Now I'm thinking weather. Very cold Temps might be the issue? I just read the bullet if slightly loose can be a problem in cold Temps. I also have an ml 2 savage, and never had an issue. But I suppose the sabot has helped in cold Temps with the savage. So much to know and understand, I was looking for a local guy to take a look . The guy who built it for me lives in Pennsylvania and really has no answers or ideas on my issues

What gun is misfiring?

What powder and primer?

Back