New guy from Twin Cities Minnesota

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom 45 cal muzzleloader

26in Brux barrel with custom break

Custom Timney Trigger

Remington 700rifled action (blue printed)

Arrowhead Titanium breach

I’m starting to think it could be the bullet size. It never seemed very hard to seat and load. This problem only seems to happen late season / cold weather.

Would you recommend a wad of some sort? Or a larger bullet?

OK you are talking about a smokeless mz. On what action, what kind of primers beyond "Federal"???? Why is it so hard to give info when asking for advise or help? Go to the mechanic, "what's wrong?", "It's broke", "what kind of car?", "A red one?"

Carbon fiber light weight stock
Titanium breach
80 grains H322 Hodgdon
Federal Large Magnum Rifle Primer

I’m starting to think it could be the bullet size. It never seemed very hard to seat and load. This problem only seems to happen late season / cold weather.

Its ok to list details here, about your gun, bullet, primer, even the load if its a safe book load printed and published somewhere.

Titanium breach
80 grains H322 Hodgdon

Yes for sure i would try a wad under your bullet. Try a couple of cards or a poly wad. I have good performance with a 1/8”lubed wool wad and a .030 card on my latest sml load. Try wad first, then a larger diameter after seeing what happens. Are you using an adjustable sizer?

My custum. Federal primers. H322 powder
That powder is too slow for the cold temps. Put in a few grains of shotgun powder (5 or so) and reduce your other charge by that amount and it will shoot. You will have to play with it to get accuracy. I use Green dot 8gr and 52 gr of 4198.

That powder is too slow for the cold temps. Put in a few grains of shotgun powder (5 or so) and reduce your other charge by that amount and it will shoot. You will have to play with it to get accuracy. I use Green dot 8gr and 52 gr of 4198.
And yes use a wad, card or wool. Wool (felt) seems to work better but I use both, some guns like one better.

Titanium breach
80 grains H322 Hodgdon

What bullet are you using?

SORRY TO BE BLUNT, BUT THIS IS STUPID ADVICE. SHOTGUN POWDER SHOULD NEVER BE USED IN THE ARROWHEAD GEN2 SYSTEM.

Were you hunting on a clean barrel? Don't do that.

Tighten up your fit and/or use a wad. H322 is perfectly fine for cold temps.

Latest posts

Back