New here, ML’d for a while

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt2003

Reaction score
Good evening folks. I live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and have hunted with a ML for approximately 20 years. I came over from HuntingNet and Bluelks ML room due to their inactivity.

I’ve hunted w a Knight LK93 which i just upgraded to the 209 breechplug this year. I never got to shoot a deer w it as i only got to hunt one morning. I’ll be gifting this ML to my nephews.

Just last week i purchased a CVA Optima V2 with nitrided and cerakoted barrel. I havent shot it yet but hope to hunt with it during our Antlerless Only season here in a couple of weeks.

I don’t shoot much during the year but will likely be posting in and around our ML season. I’ll likely also post what loads i’m shooting, how they group and how they perform on animals. I’m happy to be here and looking forward to what i can learn from the group.

Welcome from MA. I'm pretty new here too, and completely new to muzzleloaders. I have pretty much the same ML as you, minus the cerakote. I'm going out tomorrow to send it on its maiden voyage, and do some load development. If I can get it where I want it, next week I'll take it for a walk through the woods so it can hang around with me up in a tree. That's pretty much what I do with my bow 😄

Welcome from SE Indiana! I lived in Tulsa about 40 years ago. Gosh that a long time ago, now that I think about it. I love Oklahoma. Glad you’re here. Lotsa great folks here and a plethora of information to be found.

Good evening folks. I live in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and have hunted with a ML for approximately 20 years. I came over from HuntingNet and Bluelks ML room due to their inactivity.

I’ve hunted w a Knight LK93 which i just upgraded to the 209 breechplug this year. I never got to shoot a deer w it as i only got to hunt one morning. I’ll be gifting this ML to my nephews.

Just last week i purchased a CVA Optima V2 with nitrided and cerakoted barrel. I havent shot it yet but hope to hunt with it during our Antlerless Only season here in a couple of weeks.

I don’t shoot much during the year but will likely be posting in and around our ML season. I’ll likely also post what loads i’m shooting, how they group and how they perform on animals. I’m happy to be here and looking forward to what i can learn from the group.
Welcome from MN.

Are you going to put a scope on the Optima?

Welcome from MN.

Are you going to put a scope on the Optima?
It came with a 3-9x40 Genesis scope from Muzzle-loaders.com . Seems to be a pretty solid scope, good brightness etc. i’m happy w the combo so far.

Ok great. If you have the durasight dead on, keep an eye on the scope screw tension loosening and for slippage of the scope.

Tom

It is the one piece durasight
Mount. Are u talking about the screws that attach is to the barrel, the screws on the scope rings or both? Thank you for the heads up

Back